Mark IV Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neilt

Reaction score
Hi I am looking at an early 90's Mark IV on Ebay. Is there any difference between the 15 year old Mark IV's and the newer ones (other than age and a little more wear and tear)? I'm wanting to get a Lamb of God type sound, and would rather wait and by a new one if the older ones can't do it.

Thanks!
:D

both are the same.. Thats why there are no price difference's..both cost the same amount S/H.. if you can get anything mk Iv at a good price, in good nick Get it!

There is a slight difference between really old ones and new. Back in the early 90s there was a change from Revision A to Revision B. There are some subtle differences between the two revs, but both should be fine for LoG-type tone.

One thing I like about the Rev A is that the lead drive stages are both on the same tube, V3. On the Rev B, they are split so that both V3 and V4 have one lead drive stage and one reverb stage. I think its better to have lead and reverb on seperate tubes because certain tubes sound better for high gain and others sound better for clean (reverb). The RevA uses a slightly different preamp tube type (12AT7) for the reverb. Most people on this board seem to prefer the reverb on the old RevAs (I can't tell much difference though).

Latest posts

Back