Mark IV pics :D

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ESPguitar

Reaction score
IMG_1268.jpg

IMG_1261.jpg

IMG_1260.jpg

Got it yesterday:D

Looking for some Hetfield type of settings, so if anyone want to share some heavy settings with it would have been great.. (just to get started)

RB

very sweet man :shock: How much does a mark IV cost when ordering a new one from mesa boogie? I think i may buy that or the stiletto.

dylan7620 said:
damnit damnit damnit! why does it have to look sooooo good atop that 1960..... i was happy with my nomad :lol:
the Mark IV is the only amp that i've really liked more than my Nomad. granted, i won't sell my Nomad for one, but someday, i'll have both.

Is that the Medium head? I have the a version short head.

Russ said:
Is that the Medium head? I have the a version short head.

Yeah, it's the medium. You can tell because the mid gain and eq switches are between the EQ and the output.

I think I like the look of that one better with the switches and the little blue light and all, but I won't part with this one. Is the loop light red too? Mine is orange.

Try an older 1960 cab like a JCM800 or JCM900. I heard that the sound of the newer ones isn't as good after the 900s. The b cabinets also sound a little deeper. I have a few a cabs but I do own a b cab too. Also is that a flower on you cab? It doesn't appear in the last pic just the first one.

BTW I love the green tortex. I just won't play without them.

As much as you may be tempted to scoop the mids in search of that tone, don't. He is actually pretty heavy in the mids with only certain frequencies slightly lowered. I saw a pic of his Mark IIC+ and his Mark III. The eq section looked like avery slight inverted v barely raised 240 and 2200 but with the 750 dropped pretty far down. I couldn't see the knobs but that is what the eq slider looked like. Also, a lot of his recorded sound is mixed after mic'ing a cabinet. This and he has been known to like running things through a Marshall power stage for warmth. To try to nail his tone direct with the Mark IV may be difficult although you could get close. Just remember that your guitar, amp, cabinet, and your hands will all affect your tone.

Scott,

Which do you prefer honestly....

your 2205 or your Mark IV?

I have a 2210 and a Mark IV. I have had my 2210 longer so I know it like the back of my hand and I love it. I am just more comfortable with it. I do like the sounds I have been getting out of my Mark IV though. Does it ever get better than the 2205/2210? I play mainly Gibsons (LPs, V's,SG, Explorer) but I do have an American Standard Strat (***) and a G&L ASAT Classic. I know the cleans get better than on the 2210, but does it do that 2205/2210 thrash metal? I have only been running it in triode class a tweed into a Marshall cab with greenbacks. I want to let it loose on my Marshall cab with v30's. I think my cab with the 65's sounds better for thrash though or even the 75's because the v30's are a little dark. The 65's are more mids and the 75's have that natural scoopiness. All I know is that I will never sell that 2210 nor my JMP 2204 no matter how good the Mark IV is.

Russ said:
Scott,

Which do you prefer honestly....

your 2205 or your Mark IV?

I have a 2210 and a Mark IV. I have had my 2210 longer so I know it like the back of my hand and I love it. I am just more comfortable with it. I do like the sounds I have been getting out of my Mark IV though. Does it ever get better than the 2205/2210? I play mainly Gibsons (LPs, V's,SG, Explorer) but I do have an American Standard Strat (***) and a G&L ASAT Classic. I know the cleans get better than on the 2210, but does it do that 2205/2210 thrash metal? I have only been running it in triode class a tweed into a Marshall cab with greenbacks. I want to let it loose on my Marshall cab with v30's. I think my cab with the 65's sounds better for thrash though or even the 75's because the v30's are a little dark. The 65's are more mids and the 75's have that natural scoopiness. All I know is that I will never sell that 2210 nor my JMP 2204 no matter how good the Mark IV is.

Give me a couple days, and I'll get back to you on it! :roll:

Latest posts

Back