Mark IV or Stiletto Ace

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sagelakos

Reaction score
I currently have a Mark IV rack mount with a couple of cabs. I'm thinking of going to a 1x12 combo, considering the Siletto Ace.
Features I'm looking for:
All tube
20 to 50 watts
1 to 2 channels
Effects loop
Ext. cab
Takes pedals well.
I really like the Mark IV clean, not too happy about the Crunch channel, Lead channel is nice but can't boost the volume for solo's.
I've tried using pedals to boost the Crunch channel but all they do is increase the compression and make too dark sounding. I've tried clean boost pedals in the loop to increase the LD channel volume for solo's but they change the sound too much.
I mainly use a '75 LP and looking for nice, thick cleans, pretty saturated rhythm sound (Vai, Slash - not really a metal guy) and a warm lead tone (Gilmour, Johnson, Holdsworth).
Any thought's?
BTW,
I don't mind using pedals or my guitar's volume and tone controls to vary the gain from the amp. Actually, I kind of prefer that.

Have you tried using an eq pedal in the loop for a volume boost? It works perfectly on my mark iii. I just bump up the mids a bit on the pedal (mxr 6 band) and its perfect for soloing. Just consider that before selling the mark IV :shock:

Back