mark iv loop troubles

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitardude05

Reaction score
ive been trying to use my boss ns-2 in the loop of my mark iv to help with preamp noise, but it gets randomly clicky when the pedal is engaged. i also tried this with the isp decimator when i had it and it had the same kind of problem with random clicks and pops almost. anyone know what this could be?

i just go effects out, ns-2 in, ns-2 out, effects in. does it matter which effects out i use? i always just used the left(mono) jack. the ns-2 also becomes extremely sensitive with its settings when using it in the loop, anyone have any advice? thanks for any help.

I suggest a noise gate, i use a DBX 266xl in my loop and it works wonderfullyt :)

no it works perfect up front, i just wanted in the loop to get rid of that preamp white noise. i just hooked it up with the 4cm (guitar>ns2 input>ns2loopout>amp loopin>amp loopout>ns2loopin>ns2out>amp input) and it takes care of ALL the noise, but im pretty sure there is a ground loop in it...

but with just the ns2 in the loop (amp loop out>ns2in>ns2out>amp loop in) it just doesnt behave good and gets the clicks.

Sounds like a noisy preamp tube to me, that was cut out when you had the loop out front.

Check your tubes.

is there a preamp tube for just the loop? i just replaced all my tubes from dougstubes about 2 months ago. but ill check them anyways.

Boogiebabies has already answered your question it's V2(b) that is the FX return stage ! :D Have you tried different leads and checked all the connections ? Also how are you powering the NS2 ?

Latest posts

Back