Mark IV grill cloth question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kartoffel

Reaction score
This is a No A No B mark IV did it ever come with a grill cloth like this one? You can see the weather strip and it also has a logo I have never seen on any MB amp before.
Thing still sounds amazing though

img3147z.jpg

The M/B logo was used in the past, I have a C+ with one on it. I'm not entirely sure when they switched from Boogie to that then back to Boogie but I'm sure someone will know.

I'm more or less asking about that weatherstrip being visible. Thanks for the info about the logo though. Although I have never seen a MKIV with that particular logo plate.

It might have had the sus4 shock mounts at one time, that will make the chassis hang lower.
I have never seen the weather strip that thick. It's usually a thinner strip.

looks real enough-they all have the weatherstrip although most are squashed flatter than that one. Looks like it has leather corners which would make it recent mfg. I dunno....
Jim

Its got plastic corners. The serial is 67** ( attached power cord but the type B fx loop )

img3152vd.jpg

img3158j.jpg

img3156oj.jpg

img3154f.jpg

And my DIY thiele with herculiner finish. Which looks a lot nicer in person that on my camera with a way to bright flash.

img3159.jpg

I would be fairly certain that that's the original head shell I'm just wondering if/why MB would have had that much visible weather strip on the grill unless the grill was replaced at one time.

My mk IVa was made in 91' (I believe) and it is like yours. I tried to get a replacement M/B logo but they sent me the new modern one instead. You can see the weather strip on mine too.

Phill

I like the logo my DC10 has you can kind of see in the picture. I wonder why mesa would have made grills with the weatherstrip showing like that. How much did it set you back to have them send you a new one. It would be fairly easy to make a new one I would just need a new logo.

Like GTS said, it's a Mark IV cab. Any other amp did not have the "garage door" removable grill.

prm2770 said:
My mk IVa was made in 91' (I believe) and it is like yours. I tried to get a replacement M/B logo but they sent me the new modern one instead. You can see the weather strip on mine too.

Phill

+1

I was looking at a Mark IVa Medium Head that had the Black Bronco Tolex and the same MESA/Boogie Logo as the name plate in your pic (not the Mark IVb "Boogie" faceplate).

FWIW, the Mark IVa I was looking at did NOT have a serial number. It must have just "fallen off"...

:roll:

For what it's worth, it is a replacement grill on the original head box. The mesh on the original Marks were not of the "dipped jute" variety.

Back