Mark IV FX-Loop problem?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zenabI

Reaction score
I recently bought the Studio Preamp and I can't get it to work properly with my Mark IV. When I connect it to the FX-Loop's Return I just get a really quiet volume an alot of noise and bad tone. First I thought it might be old bad tubes but when I plugged it into my Laney GH100L in the FX-Loop's return it worked great. The GHL has an "insert" mode for the loop where you can adjust the level from 0-10. The Mesa don't have anything like that. Can that be the issue?

Is the loop broken on the Mark IV or what? I'm really confused.

Try plugging a loose cable into the 'Send' jack, that's what you have to do with the Rectos to use them as power amps.

So what you're saying is that I should conect a cable into the send jack while I have the preamp connected to the return jack?

:lol:

OK I'll try that tomorrow, thanks for the tip!

zenabI said:
So what you're saying is that I should conect a cable into the send jack while I have the preamp connected to the return jack?

:lol:

OK I'll try that tomorrow, thanks for the tip!

If thats what you meant it didn't work :roll:

Maybe I should try mailing Mesa see what they say? If someone here doesn't have a clue?

Latest posts

Back