Fx loop mod on mark III to have EQ

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joi737

Reaction score
Hi,does anybody managed to mod the fx loop from a mark III to have eq signal?i want to use another power amp with the juice and eq from the mark III.would this work out?thanks

Thanks,the slave out will have the eq+ preamp+power amp. i would like to connect the preamp+eq to another power amp like strategy 400.the line signal this way will make the mark III to use the bigger power section (coliseum )from the strategy 400...i am currently having this mod as we speak ...i will give feedback regarding the results and differences but should be quite noticeable because its not like slaving 2 amps rather than using my mark III with the big power transformer . i could test my strategy 400 and m-190 through a carvin legacy send fx and it s just amazing although with no eq.can t wait to try my mark III.

Last edited:
Thanks,the slave out will have the eq+ preamp+power amp. i would like to connect the preamp+eq to another power amp like strategy 400.the line signal this way will make the mark III to use the bigger power section (coliseum )from the strategy 400...i am currently having this mod as we speak ...i will give feedback regarding the results and differences but should be quite noticeable because its not like slaving 2 amps rather than using my mark III with the big power transformer . i could test my strategy 400 and m-190 through a carvin legacy send fx and it s just amazing although with no eq.can t wait to try my mark III.
If I am not correct, I believe the FX SEND output is before the GEQ.

Have you actually compared running the FX send to your power amp vs. running the slave out to it? Power amps are designed to be colorless, and IMO running the FX send to a power amp thereby removing the power section from the tone sounds far inferior. To each their own, though.

That said in your case rather than modding the amp and potentially ruining it, I'd recommend simply putting an EQ pedal between the FX out & the power amp.

Or, trade for a Mark V that has the EQ before the loop.

Have you actually compared running the FX send to your power amp vs. running the slave out to it? Power amps are designed to be colorless, and IMO running the FX send to a power amp thereby removing the power section from the tone sounds far inferior. To each their own, though.

That said in your case rather than modding the amp and potentially ruining it, I'd recommend simply putting an EQ pedal between the FX out & the power amp.

Or, trade for a Mark V that has the EQ before the loop.
Hi,thanks.of course i tried the fx loop send and there is no eq which i really prefer.nothing is ruined by getting the signal from the eq to the fx loop send.in fact the slave out will be usable as factory. the fx send will have both options( without the eq as per factory and with eq with the mod) .this way i will have all the options available with or without power amp and with the eq as well.as well bear in mind that i will be using the strategy 400 and m-190 which have the bigger output and transformer not a different power amp... this mod will be completely reversible.its basically tapping the signal from c503 to have the eq and with a push pull knob on the slave out that will engage or disengage the eq on the fx send.it will be done by the authorised repaired center from mesa boogie and upon consultation with mesa boogie.

Last edited:
so your fx loop w eq idea somehow is better than the direct or slave outs Mesa has designed & used for 5 decades now?

Do any of you EVER stop to think before you post these hairbrained schemes that devalue the resale on your amps?

yeah lemme get first dibs on that hacked up.. wtf?.. imma… fack.. have to…send back… to Mesa.. becuz ^**

dont retard your amp all up
retards

so your fx loop w eq idea somehow is better than the direct or slave outs Mesa has designed & used for 5 decades now?

Do any of you EVER stop to think before you post these hairbrained schemes that devalue the resale on your amps?

yeah lemme get first dibs on that hacked up.. wtf?.. imma… fack.. have to…send back… to Mesa.. becuz ^**

dont retard your amp all up
retards
i will know first hand if this can be done or if recommendable (i would need to try). i am not giving any full description, schematics or parts involved. in any case it will be reversible, your manners will not.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back