Mark IV for $600...anyone?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alphadog808 said:
Ok, I contacted the guy to check it out. He said the amp and footswitch are in excellent condition...we'll see how it goes.

I think he said he needed the cash to get a line 6 spider valve?
Troll...

I'm not trolling...I met the guy last night, I verified with him that his friend has a spider valve and he really dug the sound...don't ask me...I'm just telling you what he told me. Again, I have a DC-2 and now a Mark IV, so I don't know how I'm trolling...??

alphadog808 said:
I'm not trolling...I met the guy last night, I verified with him that his friend has a spider valve and he really dug the sound...don't ask me...I'm just telling you what he told me. Again, I have a DC-2 and now a Mark IV, so I don't know how I'm trolling...??

Pics or it didn't happen! :twisted:

Dunno if this beats me snatching a Mark III Blue Stripe EV for $450.

bpm91 said:
alphadog808 said:

Pics or it didn't happen! :twisted:

Dunno if this beats me snatching a Mark III Blue Stripe EV for $450.

Wow I've never heard anybody beat my price - $500 with a black shadow.

I have only paid the guy $350 of that though, heh. He has since disappeared.

I think a IV for $600 is a better score. I'm not going to remind anybody how much I paid for my D180 though. :D

I got my simul 395 for $200.00+ tax from a Sam Ash that was blowing out their used stuff, but it did need a complete retube......
I got my NOS MKIII blue stripe for a ridiculous price too. They are out there, but the stars have to align perfectly for that to happen... 8)

Here's a couple pics of the Mark IV....I ended up getting it for less than 6 bills...

DSC01527.jpg

DSC01529.jpg

Note the rust on the 2 transformers in the back...I had another post wondering how much it would cost to replace those...they work fine, but I figure sooner or later the rust will eat through...

EDIT:****! My room is messy!

Congrats !
The rust would concern me also ... Maybe dissassemble the amp and check for other concerns ... It almost looks like it was submerged . Bath time !
A Katrina amp , perhaps ?

I seem to remember a post about treating rust on transformers with cotton swabs and acetone or some other solvent .

phyrexia said:
I'm waiting to find my IIC+ at a yardsale for $150.

Funny you said that . . . of course it wasnt a IIC+, but a couple days ago ive missed a EV loaded thiele in great condition at backpage in San Diego for 150 bucks. i was 2 hours late . . . :(

Well, even with the rust, it seems to be ok...I was a bit worried at first. I think the rust might have been due to the fact that the guy lived near the ocean...everything around here rusts...*shrug*. I'm just trying to find a way to stop further rust as another forum memeber in this thread mentioned that those transformers are pretty expensive.

I checked the "guts" of the amp, and it looks ok...really dusty, but ok.

I will admit, tonewise, I've only messed with it for about an hour and I can immediately tell that the distortion/lead channel *kills* the DC-2. It's a pretty good sounding amp but has ALOT of options.

Latest posts

Back