Mark IV for $600...anyone?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphadog808

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have the opportunity to get a Mark IV for $600...all I know is that it's a combo and it doesn't have the stock speaker...that's a crazy deal, right??? Or are there other versions of the Mark IV that are worth less than I'm thinking(don't they go for $1k plus??). Any help here would be great, the sooner I decide the better...

Thanks!

That's a great deal. If it works, there's no reason not to get it at that price. Even if it doesn't come with a footswitch that's a great price.

Actually, I think it's a 200 watt custom speaker...not sure if it came with the amp or not...so is it a good deal or a crazy great deal? I ask because I just got a Mesa DC-2 and if I get the Mark, I'd have to sell the DC2...

wow...that is one expensive speaker! Is there any way to tell it's the original/coveted EV speaker and not a replacement?

assuming it is the original EV, how much would this amp normally fetch?

It's hard to tell if it's stock or not, because some of the EV's are labeled as black shadow and others have blank backs, just saying EV 200 watt etc. on it.
It would normally sell for between $1000 and $1500 depending on how many people are after it at the time.

as long as it works, buy it! that's an insane deal! and if you're not going to buy it, give me the person's name/number, because i will! lol.

Yeah, no kidding. I'd sell mine for what I got it for then buy yours and have $625 left over.

Hmm...I really don't need the amp....but as you guys said, it seems to be a pretty good deal...although, the guy isn't sure if it's the original speaker...

argh. well, maybe I'll go check it out and see how it goes. Who knows, maybe the amp is trashed or something...

Let me put this simply. If it's an EVM12L it doesn't matter whether or not it's original! It will in no way affect the sound or resale value of the thing. Why are you so hung up on whether or not its original? If it's not then someone upgraded it and you should be thankful. If it works then buy the dang thing. If it's beat up but functional you have yourself a great gigging amp.

devilrob1979 said:
Let me put this simply. If it's an EVM12L it doesn't matter whether or not it's original! It will in no way affect the sound or resale value of the thing. Why are you so hung up on whether or not its original? If it's not then someone upgraded it and you should be thankful. If it works then buy the dang thing. If it's beat up but functional you have yourself a great gigging amp.

+1000

Ok, I contacted the guy to check it out. He said the amp and footswitch are in excellent condition...we'll see how it goes.

I think he said he needed the cash to get a line 6 spider valve?

I'm sure...;) I too, am kinda surprised someone would be selling a boogie for a line6...but who knows...he said he had alot of amps; maybe he's sick of the boogie and wants to try something new?

I have a DC-2, BTW...so I like boogies too...;)

That dude's a flipping moron. He could sell it on eBay for more than twice what he's getting. Congratulations on finding the lowest 10 percentile. You lucky guy.

K, so I think I'm meeting the guy today...talked to him on the phone, and it seems that it might need to be retubed? But otherwise, he said it's in great condition...I'll let you know what happens.

Better make **** sure it's not a stolen item... or you could end up kissing away your cash. Have him go with you to the police station to see if the serial number is on file for any stolen gear. Would suck to have the police take it from you one day when you take it to a shop for servicing. I've seen it happen... trust me it can

Latest posts

Back