Mark IV differences

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Masterof1angel

Reaction score
Hi, I'm thinking of getting a mark IV and was wondering if there is any difference at all in the sound or feel of any of the mark IV's? I know the Mark IVa is a bit different, but have they made any changes in the different years after that at all? The reason I ask is because I bought a 3 channel dual rec a number of years ago and it was to this day the sweetest clearest, best playing and sounding amp i've ever played and when It blew out and was "fixed", I hated the sound. It was cold and missing tons of tone. I was sad to discover that all the new rectifiers sound that way. So what I'm asking is will a mid 90's IVB feel the same as the one i played in the store that is left over "new" from last year, and will they both sound the same as a 1998 Mark IV? are there any differences?

Thanks,
Angel

i never heard of a change in mark IV production except from the wide and short versions.The amps that have many different versions of them are the II and the III.
And even between the IV A and the IV B, i heard that there wasn't much of a difference, only that the b is slightly darker.

hope it helps.

Latest posts

Back