Mark IV clip - Guthrie Govan "Waves"

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OverDriven

Reaction score
I just recorded this *very* quickly. It's really short and just the intro to the song. I can't touch the rest of the song when he gets into the really fast stuff. Anyways, all standard disclaimers apply. BTW this thing was recorded at literally TV volume...very low. I wish I could crank it in my apartment, but I'm also really happy with what this amp can do at low volumes. Here it is...it's the top one called 48-waves.mp3. The other clip is mine as well, but I've already posted it:

http://www.netmusicians.org/?value=OverDriven&section=user

Get used to it mate :?

Clip sounds good, the tone sounds very similar to Govan's. I think the delay is a tad too prominent, though. Nice clip, very liquid sounding.

This is good. Better than the KSE clip you posted before, and even that was already very good. Care to share settings? Thanks.

~trem

You're clips always sound good! I do love how the Mark IV records so well at low volumes.

I haven't even attempted to play and Govan material. Very intimidating and you handled it well!

Thank you guys. Here are my settings, but for this clip I used the lead channel with the EQ turned OFF.

OverDrivenMarkIVSettings.jpg

Duuuuuuddeeeee, this is the tone I want for mine! Thanks so much for showing your settings I really appreciate it, I'm gonna steal em! But your clips I like em all. Especially the Panama and Waves ones. Great work.

dude this is incredible, considering the low budget equipment you used!!!!
gratz!!! and you say you did this at tv volume?? amazing.
gotta buy a SM57 + M-Audio Buddy Preamp + M-Audio Audiophile 2496!!!!

Back