Mark IV Cab question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stealth

Reaction score
Hey guys just got my Mark IV. I bought a 2-12 3/4 open cab with it and everything is super but I would like to try my 4-12 Marshall cab with it My question is do I plug the cab in one of the 4 ohms slut since I don't have 8 ohms on my cab...only 16 and 4.
Thanx
Stealth

Stealth said:
Hey guys just got my Mark IV. I bought a 2-12 3/4 open cab with it and everything is super but I would like to try my 4-12 Marshall cab with it My question is do I plug the cab in one of the 4 ohms slut since I don't have 8 ohms on my cab...only 16 and 4.
Thanx
Stealth

Are you talking about running both cabs together at the same time?

If not just set your Marshall cab to 4 ohms and run it into the 4 ohm speaker tap in the Mark IV.

If you had 2 x 8OHM cabs you'd plug each one into a 4OHM jack on the Mark IV.

Stealth said:
Thanx a lot guys 8)

Hello Stealth,

I noticed you're from the Montreal area. I'm in Ottawa so maybe if we both turn up our Mark IV we could end up jamming together somewhere out by Hawkesbury. :lol:

Great amps those Mark IVs. Hope you're enjoying yours. I'm having a ball!

Take care Michel

Hey michelj nice talking to you ...yeah I'm extatic also...love my Mark IV...yeah we could form a French English Mark IV club...Hé Hé...take care dude!! 8) :D

Stealth said:
Hey michelj nice talking to you ...yeah I'm extatic also...love my Mark IV...yeah we could form a French English Mark IV club...Hé Hé...take care dude!! 8) :D

Hey hey what's with the hé hé, parles-tu français? I'm a Franco-Ontarian myself who basically learned both French and English as a youngster. So I'm equally adept or inept in both languages, depending on one's point of view.
:lol:

That's why I prefer to let my fingers do the talking on my PRS Custom 24 fretboard and let my Mark IV A short head do the translating. As I've said in other postings, those two make a great combination and provide me with plenty of tone. I play in a Classic Rock & R&B band and I'm finding sounds with the Mark IV that allow me to cover other people's material to my satisfaction.

Take care,

Michel

Antoine said:
Michelj, tu parles très bien le Français on dirait ? :wink:

bonjour Antoine, ma langue maternelle est le français, no doubt a slightly different brand of French than yours. As I said earlier, I learned both of Canada's official languages at an early age, French at school and from my parents, English by watching TV and hanging around with friends. My French ancestor came over in 1653 from the northern part of France and settled in Montréal. That was just a few years before Randall Smith started putting out his mojo. :lol:

Now off to learn some more tricks with the Mark IV. 8)

Michel

Good to see some French people here :D can i tell you both i have a cousin in Montreal ?

Antoine said:
Good to see some French people here :D can i tell you both i have a cousin in Montreal ?

hello again Antoine,

well if you ever come over to see your cousin, we'll have to get together.

Take care,

Michel

michelj said:
Antoine said:

hello again Antoine,

well if you ever come over to see your cousin, we'll have to get together.

Take care,

Michel

No prob' :wink:

Latest posts

Back