Mark IV and Mesa cab

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VijfZiel

Reaction score
Hi there boogie fans!!

After about 3 hours of searching and did not found an answer to my question, I decided to register and make my question to you, people who shared my interest in mesa boogie products and can help me with this thread!!

I connect my Mk IV (8ohms out) to my mesa cab (8ohms in), but I notice that only the two speakers of the right side were sounding, I wanted to know if this is normal, I know that this is mono connection, but actually, the four speakers MUST sound, isn't it??

AustinK said:
did you buy the cab new? Have you checked to see if it is wired correctly?

No... I have not checked if its wired correctly, anyway, I wouldnt know if it is. The cab does not give me any problem with my dual recto roadking...

First run a little experiment, plug the amp into one 4 ohm jack make sure it works and then and to the other 4 ohm jack and make sure that works (left set of speakers and right). Drop the amp into standby when switching speaker connections. Don’t worry about the 4 ohm thing cause if you only have the right set of speakers right now the amp is only seeing 4 ohm’s anyway.

ASSUMING both sides work, pull out the plate that houses the jacks (even after removing the 4 screws they can be a bit stubborn to get out) the 8ohm jack also functions as a switch (plug a cable in and you will see what I mean) just make sure everything is clean and making good contact. Also if you don’t, have someone come over with some soldering skills and redo all the connections (won’t take long).

I just noticed that you have this problem with one head but not the other (do I have this right?)
If so use the same cable for your test and make sure it’s a speaker cable and not an instrument cable.

6L6C said:
First run a little experiment, plug the amp into one 4 ohm jack make sure it works and then and to the other 4 ohm jack and make sure that works (left set of speakers and right). Drop the amp into standby when switching speaker connections. Don’t worry about the 4 ohm thing cause if you only have the right set of speakers right now the amp is only seeing 4 ohm’s anyway.

ASSUMING both sides work, pull out the plate that houses the jacks (even after removing the 4 screws they can be a bit stubborn to get out) the 8ohm jack also functions as a switch (plug a cable in and you will see what I mean) just make sure everything is clean and making good contact. Also if you don’t, have someone come over with some soldering skills and redo all the connections (won’t take long).

I just noticed that you have this problem with one head but not the other (do I have this right?)
If so use the same cable for your test and make sure it’s a speaker cable and not an instrument cable.

First of all, thanx for your help man!!

If I get it, I must connect the 8 ohm output of the amp to both 4 ohm inputs of the cab and assure that both sides work, did I get ir right??

VijfZiel said:
If I get it, I must connect the 8 ohm output of the amp to both 4 ohm inputs of the cab and assure that both sides work, did I get ir right??

Yeah correct. You can test one side at a time.

6L6C said:
VijfZiel said:

Yeah correct. You can test one side at a time.

Ok man, I will try it on Thursday and I tell you what happened!

Hi there again!!!

I have revised the cab and everything... guess what boys... There were only 3 speaker-magnet in the inside!! I will get in touch with the guy that sold me this cab. So please, like an advice, be sure who are you buying your used equipment and to check that everything is working fine, thanx for your help boys!!

Back