Mark IV and 4X12 Cab

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mountain Fever

Reaction score
I was wondering how the Mark IV does when you use either a Stiletto or Rectifier cabinet.

If you are using a Mark IV with one of these cabs, please let me know what you think about sound. I have a combo so I was wondering if you go straight in to the cab and disable the internal speaker or use both.

Thanks for your insights.

I'm using a Mark IV with a Stiletto cabinet and I love it. It sounds very tight and focused and doesn't have the flubby low end that it had when I was using it with the Rectifier cab.

My experience is that the standard recto (oversized) is tighter than the stilletto (earlier traditional), so this might be very subjective depending on who you ask. It might be the difference in playing style and guitars and pickups as well, so my best shot is to bring your amp and guitar to a music store to try both and make your own decision. That's what I did when I bought my Standard recto, and I had absolutely no doubt about the bass end.

In case of the booming bass, you'll have to dial your amp no matter what cab you use. And I have no problem with the standard recto through these amps MKIIC+ 60 and simul, MKIII and MKIV, Triaxis > fifty/fifty.

Good luck

Latest posts

Back