Mark IV A vs Mark IV B

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to worry man
Everyman has and is entitled to his observation and opinion
in reality no one hears things or perseves EXACTLY the same.
The Mark series as I see it is a progression of tone handling genesis.
Music especially blues & jazz influenced (i.e. rock R&B, metal what ever etc.) is fluid and dynamic not static like sculpture or painting and allowing for spontaneous interpretation and variations.

In the end, I know what a IIC+ sounds like and a MK III.

I just really prefer the MK IV B. The MK III green stripe and IV B seem to have a certain finesse to them. IMO, I like MK series amps because they allow your guitar to sound like your guitar. They allow each guitars distinct personality can come through. The tones we most forget are the mid gain tones of all three models. All are far more capable of a host of sonic pallettes other than skull crushing gain, although I am not too old to enjoy skull crushing brutality.

If I personally did not like what the III and IV bring to the table, I would have never bought them or ditched them as my wife already knows about the over abundance of IIC+'s in the house. I have to justify them to her and explain how they are different. She has a wonderful ear and keeps my purchasing honest.

i just want a mark IV to be able to get some nice DreamTheater petrucci tones and more! cos i think i think his tones are amazing.

Thanks for your comment Boogiebaies :oops:
Don't have any regrets, it's because of your knowledge about amps than we learn so much here, what i wanted to say is that a MarkIV, even if it's not a II C+, is a fantastic tone monster with tons of things to offer a II C+ doesn't have... and even a II C+ has others tons of things a IV doesn't have too... but they have a lot in common, speaking of tones !
Houra for the IV
:wink:

MESA RULES Dudes!
I bought or tried several Mesas in the year prior to picking up my '05 wide-body Combo Mk-IV in black Tolex. The one I bought (previously owned, only 6 months used). For $1400, to me thats a deal.
Dose any body have an opinion about using an extension cab with an High power capabile AlNico. I would llike to try that Ceramic+Alnico mix some people rave about. Speakers would either be a Celistion, Weber or a Tone Tubby.
Please, all feedback is apreciated and taken into consideration

adam-
Not to worry, it is in there if you can get your hands to bring it out of your guitar.

Back