Mark Issues

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modder

Reaction score
Hi all, I've got two modded Mark IIIs that are suffering from a few issues which have recently cropped up. Unfortunately for me, the last tech I took one to did not appear to fix it, so I'm pretty sceptical of having someone else fix these things and would like to do it myself. I've done some Mark III mods in the past so I'm not completely unfamiliar with working on them, although it has been a while.

On one amp the lead mode is significantly quieter than the clean mode, and is undergained. I can get something approaching a high gain sound out of it but only with the drive on 10. Usually it's on 5 for the same amount of gain. I've changed out all the tubes, none of which helped.

On the other amp the master volume doesn't work, is very scratchy and there's no distortion. My first instinct is to say there's a broken pot.

They both worked fine for ages after modding, one held up fine through a few tours, so the mods aren't immediately where my mind goes for problem solving but of course nothing is impossible.

I'm asking here just in the hope that someone knows what any of these issues are before I start the tedious process of opening up the amp, desoldering the board and so on.

Bit more info on amp 2 - the master volume seems to get a grounding issue when it gets contact with my hand when using it. I wonder if there's some loose connection or something. The drive knob seems to work just as a volume knob now too.

The problem sometimes fixes itself and comes back.

Latest posts

Back