mark IIIc+ clips?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's one way to describe it, duller with less high end and doesn't cut through as well.

Although I would describe it as warmer with a less harsh high end and more midrange complexity.

One of the things I hear in the first clip, something I recognize in my mark iii, is a quality sometimes described as insensitivity.

SORT OF LIKE TYPING IN ALL CAPS. CUTTING THROUGH IS A GOOD THING, BUT SOMETIMES YOU CAN HAVE TOO MUCH OF A GOOD THING.

The + mod did improve the tone!!!! Wish you could have recorded it on the same equipment! What color stripe is your III?

Am I in the minority that think they both sound great? They are just a little different.

No, you're completely right flip33, that they both sound great.

For myself personally, I would prefer to play an amp that has more of the modded sound of the second clip.

I did like the sound of my stock mark iii black dot-very aggressive, lots of attitude, really screams well. But I only use that type of sound maybe 10% of the time, and I couldn't dial out that always pushed to the limit sound.

I like a more well balanced, flexible, responsive and darker tone the other 90% of the time so that's why I decided to take the plunge and have Mike do the iii+ mod.

I'm picking it up from Mike in about six hours and I'm really looking forward to it. He did some maintenance and repair work too, so it should really be sounding its best ever.

they both sound great?

are you guys serious?

the first one is PATHETIC

i wouldnt even buy that amp

but **** that second one just nails that dry, abrasive scrape.

awesome!

Back