mark III with extra knob on front??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnS77

Reaction score
Hey guys,

The other guitar player in my band just scored a Mark III blue stripe with GEQ, Simul, reverb, and ext. On the face of the amp where all the controls are, there is a smaller knob that just above the Mid knob i believe. Is this the volume mod? can anyone give me information? Was it was a factory mod, or if was probably a personally done mod? Any other info on amp? Thank you

SnS77 said:
Hey guys,

The other guitar player in my band just scored a Mark III blue stripe with GEQ, Simul, reverb, and ext. On the face of the amp where all the controls are, there is a smaller knob that just above the Mid knob i believe. Is this the volume mod? can anyone give me information? Was it was a factory mod, or if was probably a personally done mod? Any other info on amp? Thank you

The only real way to know if it is a factory mod is to call them.

Photos?

I will get some Photo's up asap, unfortunately I only have the internet at work. If anyone else has any info on the extra knob please let me know. It is smaller, and sits above and between the Middle and Master knob. Thank you

What does it do when you turn it? If it is the Rhythm II master volume, it will only operate when the amp is in the RII mode and all it does is allow you to balance the RII volume with your clean and lead settings. If it were a factory done mod the RII control would have been placed in an empty or unused hole on the back of the amp, such as replacing the slave out control. This one is likely a custom outside job.

I don't see mesa installing it on the front like that. They typically do that mod on the back. Probably R2 volume mod done by a 3rd party.

Ok cool thanks for all the replies, this board is like your own personal support network. The wealth of knowledge here is insane. Cheers to everyone who created, supported, and continues to keep this board running and answering all these questions we have. Thanks again guys

P.S THIS MARK III has some crazy gain on it!

Back