Mark III Settings Sheet and Footswitch Diagram (IIC too)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmanick

Reaction score
Cool!
thanks for posting this
too bad there are no GEQ sample settings to go along with these (for each desired style).

JOEY B. said:
They must have came up with these settings in a room with foam lined walls. A MkIII through an EV loaded cab with presence settings of 7-10 will HURT you :evil: .
X2! I agree with gts as well, my presence usually sits right around 2, and never any higher than 3.
kmanick said:
I think without the GEQ you can actually turn the presence up quite a bit.
Definitely not on my III, but I guess it could depend on tubes. I'm also surprised that none of the settings shown are on Ch.3. Notice the Lead Drive is pushed, NOT pulled, on every single setting. Typo maybe?

I know on mine I need to keep the presence down at around 3
or it gets real bright real quick.
On R2 it actually sounds pretty good with it up at around 7 but with the GEQ not engaged.
On the lead channel 3 tops or it turns to fizzy shrill.

on the newer "sample settings" which are contained in the downloadable manual ... several of these settings are in R2 - Pushed Marshall for instance.

nice history there George. nice to see the company concentrated on product and not fluff marketing ... i guess that's why we got them.

A little late to the party but HUGE thanks to GTS. Yesterday I got back a loaded Mark-III Green Stripe Simul Class combo that I sold to a friend when money got tight. He was cool enough to sell it back to me and it was great to have these settings to refer to. The "Metal" setting is perfect for me ('cept I put the Lead Drive on "6"). Thanks again!! :D

gts said:
EleventhHour2139 said:
Notice the Lead Drive is pushed, NOT pulled, on every single setting. Typo maybe?
No it's not a typo. I always assumed it was implied one had the footswitch to engage the lead mode. And based on experience this is true.

Perhaps it's odd there is no mention of R2 but then again the same settings were meant for R2. It's just the volume levels was never compatible with the other settings when footswitching into R2. (thus the R2 mod so many have spoken about which corrects the volume "problem")
I still have my yellow sheets, too!
On the Mark III sample settings, I think the asterisk on the "MID" control column means "pulled" for R2. All the "Crunch" and "Dirty" Rhythm sounds show this.
What kills me is it took months playing gigs every weekend before I realized you'd get a (slight) boost with R2 and Lead on simultaneously.
Totally agree on the Presence issue, almost never use it at all.
The GEQ part of the "old" manual just mentions the "Classic V" setting.
The newer manual from the website has more GEQ settings.

ziggys said:
I know this is way old but thanks so much
Perhaps it's time to repost these sheets since the original post was deleted. Nothing like a little shortsightedness to make your day complete :lol:

Here ya go:

MarKIIISettingsSheet_resize.jpg

MarkIIIFootswitchDiagramSheet_resiz.jpg

Back