Mark III Red vs. Blue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slhguitar

Reaction score
Which is better for metal/hardcore? Which is better for searing lead tone? Which has better clean? Better mid-gain plexi/tweed? Which one do you prefer overall?

Boogiebabies said:
Red Stripe. Hooray Beer !!!

These responses are why I love this board. lol.

So it looks like its going to go to the one with the lower price, and better condition. Thanks for the tips.

Got a Blue stripe and I think is the next big thing in my life right after the born of my daughter. The tone of this beast is totally incredible. BUY ONE.

I have blue and red stripe MK III's. I find the red stripe to be a bit more aggressive sounding. However, the difference is subtle. I think you'd be happy with either.

slhguitar said:
Boogiebabies said:
Red Stripe. Hooray Beer !!!

These responses are why I love this board. lol.

So it looks like its going to go to the one with the lower price, and better condition. Thanks for the tips.

Someone feelin' a bit Jamacian maaan? RS is some tasty stuff!

This is like Monty Python's Holy Grail.

At the Gorge of Eternil Peril.

Sir Galahad: (swallowing) Ask me your questions, Bridgekeeper...I am not
afraid...

Bridgekeeper: What...is your name?

Galahad: (nervous) Sir Galahad...

Bridgekeeper: What...is your quest?

Galahad: (really nervous) To seek the Grail...

Bridgekeeper: What...is your favorite color?

Galahad: (relieved) Blue! (starts across; oops) NO!
YELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWW!!!!

slhguitar said:
Which is better for metal/hardcore? Which is better for searing lead tone? Which has better clean? Better mid-gain plexi/tweed? Which one do you prefer overall?

Either amp will sound equally good. There are very minor differences between the red stripe and blue stripe. We can hear these differences but both amps sound heavy when you turn up the gain and both are equally tight sounding

My choice would be based on the price of the amps in question and condition more than which stripe it has on it

Alright, thanks. I'm getting the Red stripe as a rackmount, and with it im also getting a power conditioner and graphic EQ. So it is working out well. If I run the EQ in the loop (which I would obviously do) would it go before or after a G-Major multi-effects? I would think before, but I'm not sure.

Generally, the EQ should be in line with the preamp and then the signal would go to the G major.

My best advice would be not to use a graphic EQ. The Mark3 shouldn't need it. But if you are set on using an EQ, then keep it between the mark3 and G major

Back