Mark III questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slhguitar

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to buy a mark III blue stripe. I currently have a 2 ch DR. I would like to play metal and hardcore, as well as some blues and indie/classic rock. From what I know, the mark series will suit these need much better than the recto.

My first question is..Am I correct in this reasoning?

second....What is the deal with pairing el34s and 6l6s in a simulclass amp? I have read of people saying they keep one in the outside pair, one as the inside. There is also the whole integrated quad deal from eurotubes. What are the options?

I think thats it for now...thanks in advance for any replies.

Yes to the first answer, but dont sell the DR.

The integrated quads is not a true Simul-Class power amp. They basically are 2 EL34's and 2 6L6's that draw the same natural plate current and bias.
A Simul Class has two different primaries with different impedences on the output transformer that are suitable for EL34's in the outer sockets and 6L6's in the inner. The outer sockets are also wired in triode and have less power. They can also run 6L6's in triode and have a fatter tone.

Thanks for the reply, you pretty much answered me perfectly. The problem with keeping the DR is, I'm a college student. I really cant afford more than one amp, let alone more than one boogie. I have actually been playing my DR for the past few hours, and I just dont think I can part with it. Thanks for the advice tho.

Donate some blood so you can get that amp !!! :D

What I forgot to mention is that the two amps not only sound great individually, but with an amp switcher they sound phenominal when used together.

Back