Mark III problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaroncbr

Reaction score
Hey guys I've been lurking around here for a while and i thought I'd join up.

Anyway, my blue stripe Mark III combo had a sudden dramatic volume drop the other day.
I still get some sound out of it but it's very very quiet.

Do you guys have any idea what the problem could be?

Try doing a search on the board for (Mark volume drop). Not all posts will apply, but you should see something there to get you started. I just looked, and there were posts about the FX loop causing some problems along with many others.

Good Luck
Mike

I've had a few volume drops before on my MKIII Blue Stripe. First, it was the FX loop. I put an Auxiliary imput cord on it, so I can jam with my iPhone, and it didn't turn out too well. The second time, the V1 12AX7 died, so I rotated it with V4, which isn't as critical (V4 is the Reverb Driver). Otherwise, you could've bumped the master, which causes major volume issues if moved the tiniest bit. Or the guitar volume. If all else fails, then it's the power tubes going.

I took it into the shop today, hopefully it won't be an expensive fix.

I have another question.
It's a 60/100 model but it has 4 el34s in it.
I've seen people talk about 2 6l6s and 2 el34s in a simul class model and 4 6l6s in a 60/100 but never 4 el34s in a 60/100.

I'm new to Mesa boogie and I've only owned this amp for about a week.
Thanks!

The 60/100 model is designed for 6L6s only. No EL-34s allowed, unless the amp has been modified. :D

Back