Mark III problem with class A

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reeko81

Reaction score
I broke one of my 6L6 3 days ago and now i have only my El34 working.

Now i'm wondering: could my amp work in class A mode with only El34 even if there aren't 6L6 in the inner sockets?

If so, is there any loss in tone or could it damage my amp?

Reeko,

The Simul-Class amps are not a push pull design. The have two primaries that need to see the two tubes working to complete the output. When you switch from simul-class to class A it shorts the inner sockets to ground, but the load and voltage on the inner tubes are still ready to go at the flick of a switch. Just as a precation, I would not run the amp without the inner tubes. If it were a true push-pull like a 60/100 I would say it would not be a problem, but I just would not trust running a Simul OT without the inner tubes.

Amp tech...repair...what?!?!?!?
My amp is fine on my hand thanks to Boogiebabies too!!!

I couldn't figure out that there were real differences between MkIIc+ schematic and a real IIC+...

Now that i've found the real difference in those component i can really tell you that i've created a real monster!
I'm happy twice cause i made by myself this mod!!!

Boogiebabies said:
I take it you got my pictures ?

The IIC+ schematic is not a very true representation of the actual board.

You go Reeko !!!! Mod on !!! :D

Yes i got it!
They've been useful!!!

If possible check your gmail box,or your pm, i've sent you two mails where there are some issues i want to know about V1....
Pleaseee :roll: ..

Back