Mark III no stripe service/mods

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpw

Reaction score
So I have a Mark III combo (no stripe) that I've had since around '86. It's a 60W, no rev, no EQ and is so far stock.
It's time for it to go back to Boogie for a clean up/checkup and any mods I decide to do.
Can anyone tell me if Reverb or EQ can be added? I'm sure it would require a new faceplate but I' don't know if Mesa will even do that.
I've read about the R2 Vol mod but don't know if Boogie will do that or what the cost is. Can anyone say?
Any other mods that the factory will do that I should consider? Any info including pricing is appreciated. I plan to drop the amp off in person as it's only a few hrs away from where I live and shipping seems expensive and scary.
Thx,
CPW

You can't get the EQ in your amp because, Mesa do not built anymore the faceplate for the Mark III . So you can get the Reverb mod and the R2 mod to and some other like the + mod. Others members Correct me if i'm wrong !

Of course, call MB to get the straight scoop, but I don't think you'll be able to do those two things, or you wouldn't want to. It's more cost effective to buy a really good reverb pedal (like the Strymon Flint) and put a graphic EQ pedal in the FX loop, anyway. Focus on having the updates available and how they may make tonal improvements or changes to your amp.

It sounds like you'll have a nice long chat with Mike B! Good luck.

kdorsey said:
Of course, all MB to get the straight scoop, but I don't think you'll be able to do those two things, or you wouldn't want to. It's more cost effective to buy a really good reverb pedal (like the Strymon Flint) and put a graphic EQ pedal in the FX loop, anyway. Focus on having the updates available and how they may make tonal improvements or changes to your amp.

It sounds like you'll have a nice long chat with Mike B! Good luck.

I'm cool with that. Would love to hear from others who have done it re: "updates" and what they cost, how they sound.
Thx

Last time I called, they were all out of the Mark III Faceplates. It's been enough to make me pass on some clean Mark IIC+s without the GEQ. With all the aftermarket head shells and footswitches being made aftermarket, I'm surprised someone with a decent CNC machine and powdercoater hasn't started making Mark IIC+ and Mark III faceplates. It seems like all they are is a thin piece of aluminum, etched and powdercoated on the front, with an adhesive backing...

Any recommendations for an EQ pedal (assuming to run in the loop?).
I used to love my old MXR 10 band but it was a noisy fecker. Anybody heard better news on MKIII faceplates?
Thx

I wouldn't do a GEQ upgrade on a MKIII. There are too many out there so you can just get an amp with EQ already.
A GEQ upgrade on a C+ costs $400 + shipping both ways and expect service for another $100 - 150 and you're in the ballpark of spending over $600 on your amp. If you find a faceplate, you will need to pay top dollars for that one as well. The question is how cheap you can get a MKIII with built in GEQ.

About a stompbox I have heard the danelectro fish and chips 7 band eq is noiseless, but I have never played one.
http://www.danelectro.com/fx_fish.html

tony777 said:
I wouldn't do a GEQ upgrade on a MKIII. There are too many out there so you can just get an amp with EQ already.
A GEQ upgrade on a C+ costs $400 + shipping both ways and expect service for another $100 - 150 and you're in the ballpark of spending over $600 on your amp. If you find a faceplate, you will need to pay top dollars for that one as well. The question is how cheap you can get a MKIII with built in GEQ.

About a stompbox I have heard the danelectro fish and chips 7 band eq is noiseless, but I have never played one.
http://www.danelectro.com/fx_fish.html

Yeah, $400 wouldn't make sense. Any other EQ ideas? I guess it doesn't need to be graphic. Been a long time since I messed w/ EQ in any of my rigs.

I think they are charging $50 for the Vol2 mod. It is a must... and even more so in a no-strip/black strip Mark III.

Latest posts

Back