Mark III mods....C+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Does nayone have their Mark III modded? If so what mod did you get and why?

Also I saw on HC that a guy had his MkIII modded to the C+, does anyone have this? And If so make a comparison for me. Is it worth the $350 to have the c+ done to the MkIII?

I had the C+/red stripe mod done to my Mark III blue stripe combo. I think the amp has a better tone overall tone, clean to dirty. So now the combo is a red stripe w/ C+ mods. It was worth every penny.javascript:emoticon(':lol:')

All my MK III's (3 total) have had the C+ mod. I love 'em. Absolutely my favorite amps. Stock MK III's are very cool, but the IIIC+ mod makes a great amp even better.

just incase if anyone gets around to this..

is there actually ANY difference in the stripe when you get the C+ mod?

the last time i talked with Mike B he said "at the end of a day its modded to C+ specs so the stripe doesn't really matter"

cause ive heard that some people have a red C+ and blue C+ and hear audible differences ? (what are the differences?)

I'd like some details on this as well. What does the mod do? Does anyone have a schematic or instructions on the mod?

Has anyone actually A/B'd the MKIIC+ with a MKIII with the C+ mod? How do they compare? How do the MKII's that have been modded to the C+ compare to the MKIII with the C+ mod? How do the MKIV's compare to the MKIII with the Mod? Any info on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

srf399 said:
Has anyone actually A/B'd the MKIIC+ with a MKIII with the C+ mod? How do they compare? How do the MKII's that have been modded to the C+ compare to the MKIII with the C+ mod? How do the MKIV's compare to the MKIII with the Mod? Any info on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Isn't one of the main differences the power transformer of the IIC & C+? If so, then a modded MkIII can never be exactly the same.

Latest posts

Back