Mark III input volume pot replacement

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SymenTimmermans

Reaction score
Hi.

My volume knob for input volume on my Mark III broke off, so we took it to a tech.
When we got it back, the tech put a non-push/pull pot there, claiming the original push/pull can not be ordered from within the Netherlands (where we live).
(and he claimed we don't use that push/pull anyway)

I pointed him to this page: http://www.tubeampdoctor.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_23_130&products_id=1401
But he said that's not the correct replacement pot. I don't know what he put in there, but the schematic says 1M, which corresponds with the part on that site.

Upon testing, I found the replacement pot to be completely unusable. Where normally the amp stays clean with the volume knob between 1 and 7, it now starts to distort when I turn the knob past 2. My guess is, there is a linear pot, where there should have been a logarithmic pot. My guess is, the 1M Log push pull pot advertised on tube-amp doctor is the right one.

Can anyone please tell me what the correct pot is for the input volume on a mark III?

SymenTimmermans said:
Hi.

My volume knob for input volume on my Mark III broke off, so we took it to a tech.
When we got it back, the tech put a non-push/pull pot there, claiming the original push/pull can not be ordered from within the Netherlands (where we live).
(and he claimed we don't use that push/pull anyway)

I pointed him to this page: http://www.tubeampdoctor.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_23_130&products_id=1401
But he said that's not the correct replacement pot. I don't know what he put in there, but the schematic says 1M, which corresponds with the part on that site.

Upon testing, I found the replacement pot to be completely unusable. Where normally the amp stays clean with the volume knob between 1 and 7, it now starts to distort when I turn the knob past 2. My guess is, there is a linear pot, where there should have been a logarithmic pot. My guess is, the 1M Log push pull pot advertised on tube-amp doctor is the right one.

Can anyone please tell me what the correct pot is for the input volume on a mark III?

That is the correct replacement pot u got there. I have done the same repair on my own mk III green stripe
and it´s working perfectly. The soldering posts are placed differently but it works exactly as the original.
i even ordered mine direct from Mesa (the original pot is out of production) and it's the same pot that tubeampdoctor sells. So order it, change and you will be happy again.
The one that Restless Rocks suggest looks more like the original though.

Latest posts

Back