Mark III head, early model without Graphic or Reverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cak

Reaction score
Can anyone advise how the early model Mk III heads without the graphic eq and reverb stack up against the later models. All the Harmony Central reviews seem to say get the one with the graphic eq. Could you not just stick a stompbox eq pedal in the effects loop to get a similar effect ?.

Yes, you could use a stomper GEQ. But I wouldn't. Some add noise, and it's always another thing to setup/tear down. The GEQ is not a big deal in the MKIII if you are not a channel switcher on the fly. Set it up how you like given the channel, and wail. But if you play live and need switch between channels, the on-board GEQ is a must IMHO. Other than the obvious tone shaping, one of the nicest features is that you can assign it to a channel, like the Lead mode. FWIW, I eq the clean and R2 w/o the graphic to get the beautiful tone I want. Then I use the GEQ to shape the Lead channel. So when I want that OD, it's there, on the fly, one button away. Hope that makes sense to you :)

Edward

Back