Mark III FX Loop question.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nomad

Reaction score
What type of FX loop is in my Mark III.

Mine be a Blue Stripe Simul EQ Combo.

Passive, Series/ Parallel.

I've been using for a short while a Multi FX unit and I notice a volume drop while using it in the loop versas no effect. Trying to figure out how to balance this with maybe a buffer of some sort.

My effect unit sounds and works best in the loop but is a little noisy when effect is engaged. I can boost the signal in or out but that raises the noise level as well which I dont want to do.

I was thinking by using some kind of Buffer or Impedence Matching device it might remove the signal loss without me raising the noise floor.

My unit is an old cheapo but I love it and want to keep it.

The MkIII manual contains some ranting which leads me to believe it's parallel and passive, and that the amp controls only affect the fx send.

I've had my Mark III (yep, also blue stripe, Simul, Rev, EQ, EV) since 1990. It's combo-licious!
It's series and passive. Really just a patch point between pre-amp and power amp.
The ranting is mostly aimed at the crappier rack effects of the time (late eighties). The Volume 1 and Lead Master affect the effect the most.
The simple fact is that older stuff has more problems with noise and buffering, etc., than modern units.
Sound quality is another subject.

The unit I use is a mid nineties ART Multiverb III.

By todays standards its crappy but I love it.

Some of these units had bad Data corruption problems and needed to be factory reset often. This is one of the last ones they made and it dosnt have that problem. Its a little noisy and a little cheasey and I love it. I do want to try and tweak the slight level problem I'm having while keeping the noise level to a minamum.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Latest posts

Back