Mark III fuzziness

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AtomicMassUnit

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'd like to know how to get rid of the fuzzy, raspy treble sound the distortion on the MK3 has. Is there a magic setting to do this? I'm using a particularly excellent sounding Lone Star Special, and the gain on it is just incredibly smooth and sweet, where the MK3 is a bit nasty and fuzzy sounding (more like a rectifier type sound). Anyway, I'm seeking to smooth it out. I'm a tech too, so if there are any mods or the bias needs to be changed I can do that... Anyway, what are your thoughts?

By the way, I believe it's a green stripe, it looks somewhere between blue and green, but I saw some pics of the blue stripe and it seems more green than blue... It has had a cap job. I actually bought this one broken and repaired it, the entire bias section was burnt up. So, new caps and tubes, seems fresh overall, but I'd be happy for any tips you have, especially concerning mods to tame the sizzle.

Back