Mark III Class A switch for heads?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skoora

Reaction score
I've only seen the Simul Class to straight Class A (outer pair only) switch on combo's. Is this available on heads. Been looking for a head that has it and haven't seen one yet.

The so-called "wide" or "long" heads will have the switch on the front panel next to the EQ switch. Often, and by this I really mean always, the switch will be mislabeled as a "Half Power" switch. So, there's four switches on the front panel of "Long" heads that also have the Graphic EQ.
A "Long" head will also have the Reverb knob on the front, so if the head has eight knobs showing, it's a "Long" head.
"Short" heads have the same chassis dimensions and control placement as the combos.

MrMarkIII said:
The so-called "wide" or "long" heads will have the switch on the front panel next to the EQ switch. Often, and by this I really mean always, the switch will be mislabeled as a "Half Power" switch. So, there's four switches on the front panel of "Long" heads that also have the Graphic EQ.
A "Long" head will also have the Reverb knob on the front, so if the head has eight knobs showing, it's a "Long" head.
"Short" heads have the same chassis dimensions and control placement as the combos.

Are you positive it's not actually a half power switch and not switching to the outer pair in Class A? More like their 60/100 setup.

skoora said:
I've only seen the Simul Class to straight Class A (outer pair only) switch on combo's. Is this available on heads. Been looking for a head that has it and haven't seen one yet.
Just take the chassis out of the combo and put it in a head cab. Then you'll see one! ;-) :lol:
But yes the Simul/ Class A amps (and thus the switch) were available in heads as well.
There are many pics. Just search the board (and or google) and you'll see a few.

As for
skoora said:
MrMarkIII said:

Are you positive it's not actually a half power switch and not switching to the outer pair in Class A? More like their 60/100 setup.
It's just like MrMarkII stated.
If it's a Simul Class MkIII Widebody/ Long Head the "Half Power switch" is mislabeled.
We've all seen this many many times.
He knows what he is saying/ talking about.

gts said:
skoora said:
Just take the chassis out of the combo and put it in a head cab. Then you'll see one! ;-) :lol:
But yes the Simul/ Class A amps (and thus the switch) were available in heads as well.
There are many pics. Just search the board (and or google) and you'll see a few.

As for
skoora said:
MrMarkIII said:

It's just like MrMarkII stated.
If it's a Simul Class MkIII Widebody/ Long Head the "Half Power switch" is mislabeled.
We've all seen this many many times.
He knows what he is saying/ talking about.

Thanks, good to know :wink:

Back