Mark III and IV short head dimensions same?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edward

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking to convert my Mark III head in a rackmount into a regular head cab ...and just found one for a Mark IV. Will my short III head fit in a short IV cab?

Edward

More specific:

All Mark IIC/C+, Mark III, Mark IV, F-series, studio, caliber, SOB and other small chassis boogie amps will fit in a shortheadshell. Mark I, IIA and IIB have other mounting screw positions(like fender) and do not fit in later shortheads. Rackmountkits are suitable for all the short chassis models, including teh fender-spaced ones.

Oooh, thanks for the replies, guys ...especially the specifics!

OK, so since my MKIII shorthead will indeed fit into the MkIV head cab on the bay, please, no one buy it!! :)

Or the alternative: Hey Aart ...is that head cab still available? Remember, though, that I am looking for cheap, and beaten/worn is preferable. So since I don't want to insult you by lowballing, how much would you want for it, shipped to California, zip 91350? You can PM me if you like. Thanks!!

Edward

Well, the dollar is a bit low lately so the converter says 205 dollars for the headshell and about 42 dollars for shipping.

I'm sorry, but I think it's cheaper to get little bit worn one from the bay.

Thanks, Aart, I appreciate the effort and the thought!!

OK, guys, I am confused. I looked closely at my MKIII head in a rackmount. And I looked at the pics of a MKIV head cab. I "thought" these heads mount from the top with 4 screws, like my DC5 sus mount. But I don't see any holes for screws in the top of the MKIV cab head? Am I missing something here??

Edward

Latest posts

Back