Mark IIC+ / Simul 295 Gig report

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sittinidol

Reaction score
Just did my first gig last weekend with my W/D rig. Setup is:
Guitar - G-System input
G-System insert send - Boogie Mark IIC+ input
Boogie Slave out - G-system insert return
G-System L/R outputs - Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 inputs.

Mark II C+ feeds an old Boogie metal grill bottom cabinet with 2 Celestion G12-65s, 1 MS-12 and one V30.
Simul 295 feeds a Boogie Stereo Halfback cab with 2 MC90s and 2 EVM 12Ls.

Both amps get the G-system first stage effects (Wah, Phase 90, and I have set up the compressor as a lead boost).

But only the 295 sees post-gain FX.

Sounded great. The sound guy had no problem with miking both cabinets. The stereo thing is probably somewhat superfluous in a single cab. I would prefer 2 2X12's on each side of the dry 4x12.

I did try running W/D/W by using each cab in stereo and running the inner pair of each as the dry, and outer pair of each wet. But after a bit I noticed a slight phasiness between the dry sound of the Mark IIC+ and the dry tone out of the G-system. Just a bit of delay from the G-system side that isn't noticeable with separate cabs.

Not sure I will do this for every gig, as it adds a lot of weight (bandmates may rebel.) Setup time for me is not much different as the G-system brain and power amp live in a rac together so they stay wired up.

On a side note, the half-back cabinet with 2 ev's is probably over 150 lbs! Talk about a backbreaker. Marshall cabs feel like balsa in comparison

Back