mark IIc+ preamp schematic

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did the same thing with a program called Design Works 4.0.

Whether it will work and sound correct in a PTP design is what remains to be seen. I also did the EQ.

I bet John K. from England did this. He's awesome.

Miguel,

Go ahead and build it and let us know. :D

The ceramic disc off the V3B coupling cap should be 250pf.
:D
Is the phase still correct ?

Where's the reverb !!!! ( just kidding)

This is a present from me for all boogie boarder....

As i wrote in a different topic i've modded my mark III blue stripes preamp to be a kind of IIC+...

And this is the real IIC+ schematic..readable and with right values....given me from MESA FACTORY.

Have a nice time working on it...
I did it modding my mark III and i'm really happy!

Now that you can also read a good schematic i can ask you more:

what is the right value second you of that resistor that from V1B in series with a 0.47 cap goes to the ground?

It seems to be a 180k, but in a lot of schematic is a 100k...
I've found also in my Mark III preamp to be a 100k, but i'm not sure...
maybe is the right trick to obtain a more sparkly clean in my mark III blue stripes.

Anyone who is interested about the mod i did on my mark III can ask me, we could have a nice talk about these sweet amplifier schematics...i've learned comparing mark IIc+, mark III and mark IV schematic (and also working directly on my mark III) more than you can imagine, so we could have a nice time comparing and checking the real differences between a modded mark IIIc+ and a original mark III.
Structure and architecture of these preamps are probably identical, both (mark III and mark IV) are the natural evolution of the real AMP, the king of amps, the real IIC+. They tried at mesa to mimick as possible, or better to follow the good path modifying and tweaking over a good amp construction such as IIC+ obtaining new sound, that someone could or couldn't love. Mark III is a natural evolution with a 3rd channel add , mark IV added a real 3rd channel with its own tone and gain..and so on...can't say much about those power amp, but mark IIC+ has been for mesa engineering the right path to run to develop new amp...

Reeko81 said:
...second you...
:D non ho potuto non soffermarmi su quest'italianismo! scherzo, molto probabilmente il mio inglese è il peggiore di tutto il forum...! buona fortuna col tuo ampli!

EHEHEHEHEH..anzi LOL...scrivendo velocemente e tanto in inglese ogni tanto ti scappa l'italiano..ehhehe
cmq l'ampli è già modificato...sto continuando a fare dei ritocchini e sfortunatamente aspetto delle 6L6 perchè una mi si è rotta spostando l'ampli...che sfiga...50 euro di 6L6 buttate...Ma il suono con le sole EL34 nel lead è bestiale...

Mi piacerebbe coinvolgere un po' tutti su sta storia della Mark IIIC+ ma a quanto pare qui in america tutti vanno direttamente da Mr Bendinelli alla mesa...a noi viene un tantino distante e un tantino esoso spedirgli l'ampli...

Hai fatto sicuramente bene ad esporre qui la tua esperienza, può essere d'esempio e di stimolo per chi avesse in mente di fare la stessa cosa.

So you believe it's a 100k? But it's a little strange...i'll try in that position a 180k 1w ( the original in my mkIII is 100k 1 w). If you notice better it is a little strange zero ( it may seem a deleted 8 ).
It seems a little strange to be a 100k.
That would be interesting to find a kind person who owns a IIC+ and can watch inside his amp and confirm us!

Are you curious about our conversation in Italian? EHHEHEHEH

Dont' worry...he was talking about my poor english!!!

No, it's a translator. I only know how to curse in Italian.

I think your English is better than most Americans.

I'll double check the IIC+ circuit board. I have one open right now.

I personally have three Simul-EQ-Reverbs as well.

Thanks so much!!!
But if i'm not wrong you've just told you've a mark IIC+ opened right now!!!!!
WOW!
I can't know now which is the first question i want to ask you!!!
Well....could you tell me too if that 100k resistor in V1A that goes to those sprague capacitors ( one .1 the other .047) precedes the .1 cap or the .047 cap?

In my mark III this resistor goes first .047 but i will remember to anyone that there are always slight differences between mark III schematic (which is a dot black stripes) and mine that is a blue stripes.

I've done this last mod now, i haven't noticed before!

Boogiebabies since you have 3 Mk IIc+, could you tell me how mark IIc+ clean is clean with an humbucking guitar in class A mode?

In these sweet amps, pull deep pot is like a gain boost that add a lot of body??

I've noticed now after the mods that pull deep pot react better on lead channel, but on the clean one is difficult to obtain clean sound expecially with a Les Paul (at higher Volume 1 settings).

Maybe i've got to change the right position of that resistor (the 100k i talked about before)

I cannot stop asking now that i've discovered you got three mark IIC+!!!

On the lead stage exactly on V4A if you catch the schematic there is an advise: DELETE ON SIMULCLASS...now i'm wondering...he is talking about that 0,001 uF ceramic cap? I've just noticed that my mark III lacks this cap and obviously my MK III is simulclass...
Yours IIC+ lack too???

THANKS SO MUCH!!

Back