Mark IIC+ pic's(gut shots)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richb

Reaction score
I just wanted to post these pic's up and hear some feedback from Boogiebabies.(the man)
I bought this combo in the beginning of this year and entended on putting it into a headshell to go with a 4x12 etc.It is indeed a Original IIC+ as stated from Mesa i posted a pic of the SN# and did the loop test (past the test)as well... here are the pic's as it started out to today.
Mesa made me the loaded shortheadshell(reverb tank,fan) with leather handle as i requested.
As you can see the face is in prestine condition and now thats in a new headshell it just looks as it came from the Boogie factory!
BTW;i had a 60W which was killer but the tones from this C+ is just AMAZING!!!
Thanks,
Richb

Boogiebabies said:
Factory stock except the four 220uf/350V filter caps. They were changed in 1991.
Very Clean !!!! No Mods !!!!
NICE! Thx Boogiebabies,like i said,your the man!
I'm actually the 2nd owner,the guy i bought it off of was strickly a Jazz player.said he paid $1100 in the beginning of 1985.
i want a clean bill of health on this baby and i'm thinking about sending it in one i get another head.
thanks again,
Richb

Put enough money in my hand to buy another C+ like this one or a new MKV. I'd buy this every time.
I have much love for your amp my friend. Before I buy a MKV I'm getting a few more Mark IIC+ amps.
I think I will hold out for revision C + of the MarkV too!
I love your amp.....
gig

Boogiebabies said:
Does this amp seem to have a bit more gain than the others you have owned ? :D
Very,very funny you asked that because it has ALOT more gain than the 60W IIC+
At first i thought because it was the simlu-class compared to the 60W thing but when i went to class A there's still a ton happening..
Hummm,why do you ask?What do you see Boogie?
Richb

tony777 said:
Boogiebabies said:
Does this amp seem to have a bit more gain than the others you have owned ? :D
AH BB; you *#"# teaser :twisted:
hahaha...
Really though,I found myself turning down the gain on this one and the pres is on 2.
with the other C+ i was using my BB Preamp but I'm not using it with this Simlu-Class C+
The Original owner told me he never had any mods done on it and BB confirmed that.I wonder why he would ask that question(probably just messing around)hahahaha.
it's all good.Either way I respect the knowledge from the members on this board.
Richb

Boogiebabies said:
Ancient Chinese secret. The late, late IIC+'s had a touch more gain. :D
Hahahaha...ok bro,thanks again for your kind help.
much respect,
Richb

mine is a full stock same as yours Simlu Eq and Reverb. What a amp ! mine is a couple of hundred earlier.

I always find that i never have the presence past about 2.5 no matter what setting it's on.normally its on 0!!

Why is it so bright Ed??

My presence is at 2.5 also. The later ones with all blue metal film resistors, mostly Mallory Orange Drops in the preamp and the little green ceramic disc caps have
a bit more gain to my ears. My 1406X is a freaking screamer, just ridonkulous gain.

This is where the bright reduction cap is.

DSCF1215-1.jpg

Back