Mark IIC+ - Guide for Dummies

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah my mk IV and mk IIc+ mid's are at 7.. the treb and 8 and the bass at 2..

nothing weird there..

Saw dreamtheater last night.. pretty dam good.. but the start the mk IV's with nearly all the mid's cut out were...yuck.. it was at the 4th song that he changed a few thing's and wow everything was working.. and sounding great...

I use the V curve eq with the high's rolled off (like the newer curve JP uses), without rolling off any mids and this is where the marks really shine. Bass pulled, master pulled, lead master pulled = total lead nirvana, for me at least.

I think the Rectos suit JP's newer more simplified metal playing style. And he should've used rectos for his LTE rhythm tracks, the Triaxis sounds pretty terrible. SFAM sounds **** good.

Edward is right. At least, you could have used a less important thread.

I've been playing with some strange settings (for the Mark series amps), and have come to the conclusion that the C+ will do everything that I need. The different tones might not be available with the stomp of a footswitch, but I don't care. If it gets any better than this, I can't afford it, and don't want to know about it. The blend of gain and harmonics in the lead channel are perfect for me. The very little spoken of rhythm channel will cover the light gain area with the guitar volume maxed SOOOOO WELL :D . If you need to clean it up, just roll back the guitar's volume knob. The MkII and earlier Boogies are better at this than their successors, from what I can tell. All this is just my opinion, so please, no flaming from the MkIII,IV crowd.

Can I get a HELL YEAH????

DSC03313.jpg

Boogiebabies said:
What a fitting use for this thread. Post count improvement...

Hokum I've removed your posts from this thread and I don't think I need to explain why. Please contribute to the community.

JOEY B. said:
I've been playing with some strange settings (for the Mark series amps), and have come to the conclusion that the C+ will do everything that I need. The different tones might not be available with the stomp of a footswitch, but I don't care. If it gets any better than this, I can't afford it, and don't want to know about it. The blend of gain and harmonics in the lead channel are perfect for me. The very little spoken of rhythm channel will cover the light gain area with the guitar volume maxed SOOOOO WELL :D . If you need to clean it up, just roll back the guitar's volume knob. The MkII and earlier Boogies are better at this than their successors, from what I can tell. All this is just my opinion, so please no flaming from the MkIII,IV crowd.

Can I get a HELL YEAH????

DSC03313.jpg

I see your hell yea, and raise you to a "can you give me that rig in the picture!"

The main point to my post was that the C+ is capable of many tones beyond Metallica. The picture was just a teaser. Twist some knobs, disable the EQ, and there are many other styles in this amp other than METAL. :D

Joey B.: don't misunderstand me. The wood flame is beautiful!!!
I have both a combo IIC+ and a Thiele cabinet in Imbuya (Brazilian walnut?) and wicker cane but yours are a killer!! :D
Cheers!!

jvk said:
Shep said:
I played my C+ last night and it was the most amazing guitar rig i have even heard/played thought.. Amazing.. there are only a few guy's on this board who know what i'm talking about..

just thought i would let everyone know..haha

Dude it's the smoothest lead tone an amp geek can find. My goodness, it's just totally the opposite of the Rectos or anything else hi-gain out there - I just can't get the IIC+ to sound buzzy unless when the tubes are dying, and believe me I've tried! When cranked past 4/5 on the lead with gain 8.5, ld master 7, treble 6, bass 2, mid 7, vol1 8... powerful, punchy, creaaam on 8)

Mike B. invented the C+, he modded R. Smith's IIC ciruit, right? I'd definitely buy him a few beers if we ever meet :) The man is a genius

I can't wait to get mine.. #12974 on the way!!!!

dspblues said:
jvk said:
Shep said:
I played my C+ last night and it was the most amazing guitar rig i have even heard/played thought.. Amazing.. there are only a few guy's on this board who know what i'm talking about..

just thought i would let everyone know..haha

Dude it's the smoothest lead tone an amp geek can find. My goodness, it's just totally the opposite of the Rectos or anything else hi-gain out there - I just can't get the IIC+ to sound buzzy unless when the tubes are dying, and believe me I've tried! When cranked past 4/5 on the lead with gain 8.5, ld master 7, treble 6, bass 2, mid 7, vol1 8... powerful, punchy, creaaam on 8)

Mike B. invented the C+, he modded R. Smith's IIC ciruit, right? I'd definitely buy him a few beers if we ever meet :) The man is a genius

I can't wait to get mine.. #12974 on the way!!!!

I'm sure they will hear it in Washingtonville.

Platypus said:
Boogiebabies said:
What a fitting use for this thread. Post count improvement...

Hokum I've removed your posts from this thread and I don't think I need to explain why. Please contribute to the community.

Hey Platypus/Guys,

Fair enough! I totally understand.

Even though I've had my rig since '92, I don't know that I'm knowledgeable enough about amp electronics to contribute too much to your online community. I was just popping in, selfishly perhaps, to sell a cab where I thought folks would be interested in it. I know I should have emailed the moderator(s) or something before deciding to bump up my post count. Bad judgment on my part, and, not terribly respectful of your policies.

God knows I've seen/experienced many an annoying post(er) on message boards. Looks like I'm "that guy" this time. Yikes.

So, please accept my sincere apologies (especially to boogiebabies) for my previous, ill-conceived "contributions" to this thread!

Kind Regards,
Jon Nolan

Hokum, why don't you hang around for a while? It's a cool place, lots of smart guys here.

Now lets get this thread back on track! Isn't this the MKIIC+ guide for dummies thread? More C+ talk :)

OK, newbie question... are these amps 4 x 6L6 or EL34 or they could be either? Looking at the manual I thought they were 6L6, but I just got one that's EL34! Help?

Latest posts

Back