Mark IIC+ for $5000?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbsens03

Reaction score
I came across this add earlier.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/msg/2080131270.html

At the bottom he mentions he has a second IIC+ for 5K. Ridiculous or reasonable?

My money is on eff that. Maybe 3K.

I know they go for quite a bit but not this much.

Yes, a 25 year old amp that's in mint condition with low hours. That makes good sense. About as much as asking $5000 for it. I'm also Santa Claus, by the way.

Tell the guy to stuff it. I don't even think it's worth $3000, TBH.

I saw this IIC+ combo on ebay. I still don't understand what he means about the difference in price for the ev speaker. So, if you pay the lower price you get no speaker? Maybe my eyesight is getting worse....

He as a factory long head c+ with all the options and in mint condition, there are plenty of folks that can and will pay that kind of money for such a amp, and just because someone dosent want to chip out that kind of money dossent make its value eny less.

Age has nothing to do with have it should be priced , except if you want a fully loaded c+ you have to buy one, and the dont make them enymore so the its only a matter have much you really want it , and have much a person are willing to pay for such a amp and sound, end of story

cremona said:
He as a factory long head c+ with all the options and in mint condition, there are plenty of folks that can and will pay that kind of money for such a amp, and just because someone dosent want to chip out that kind of money dossent make its value eny less.

Age has nothing to do with have it should be priced , except if you want a fully loaded c+ you have to buy one, and the dont make them enymore so the its only a matter have much you really want it , and have much a person are willing to pay for such a amp and sound, end of story

Fair play, but how can he say it has low hours on it? What does that even mean? What are low hours for a 25 year old amp? As far as I can tell, as long as it works, who cares how many hours it has? And yeah, I'm sure some chump will cough up 5 grand for it :lol:

Good condition is one thing, it means the owner took care of the amp. Low hours is not such a good thing for a 25 year old amp. FWIW, $5000 would not have bought my C+ on 11-27-10 when the Sylvania 6CA7's in Class-A mode were working their magic. 8)

JOEY B. said:
FWIW, $5000 would not have bought my C+ on 11-27-10 when the Sylvania 6CA7's in Class-A mode were working their magic. 8)

But that means your amp is invaluable to you, it doesn't mean your amp is worth that price, which is what I think some are trying to argue here.

Skyless7620 said:
But that means your amp is invaluable to you.

CORRECT ! Just like my 1971 Les Paul that money cannot buy. The sheer pleasure of playing either of these has NO price. These two are of the few cases where money cannot buy happiness. I'm grinning from ear-to-ear. :D :D :D

I dont argue with people for selling their gear for what they want to sell it for. However, I do get a good laugh from time to time. Im sure someone will shell out the cash for that amp. I personally would do a little shopping and get one for around $2000.

I would have payed six grand for that amp , if i had the money and diddent allready have one with the same specs :)

But thats just me

droptrd said:
I dont argue with people for selling their gear for what they want to sell it for. However, I do get a good laugh from time to time. Im sure someone will shell out the cash for that amp. I personally would do a little shopping and get one for around $2000.

Good luck

The amp in questian was a long head org c+ with all options, just finding one can take years.
A c+ comes in many different shapes and forms and not all are as desireble as the amp in questian

I got mine for 3700 usd, when i won the auction i got two offers for around 4 k, and the amp was not mint and the tubes needed replacment.

I toke 3 years finding one for sale

My opinion on C+ Amps is not the Chassis Size. I think it's Cremona's piece of cake if he prefer's Long Heads. But telling if a C+ it worth the money is mostly the Type. And fully loaded Simul Amps are very desirable. If it's long or short head doesn't mean anything to me. But that's just my opinion. I like compact amps. In other words.. short heads. And so there are different opinions on THE C+ Amp. And different buyers. Some will spent the money. Some will just look for Long Heads. Other for 100/60. Another for Simul. There are so many variations.

But coming back to the Topic. I don't think the market is ready for a $5000 C+. But everything is possible. We also saw a Mark V Walnut Combo going for $6k if i remember right. And yeah, there are some crazy people out there who would buy it even for $5000. This will push the C+ market even more! Some time ago a DRGX Long Head went for $3500. Cremona paid almost the same price for his DRG. I paid even more for my C+ DRGX Hardwood Head here in Europe. So i think it's not as crazy as it seems to be. Give it another 1-2 years of good economy and maybe it reaches the $5000. But one thing is for sure. They won't get cheaper :wink:

Thanks for the well wishes
cremona said:
droptrd said:

Good luck

The amp in questian was a long head org c+ with all options, just finding one can take years.
A c+ comes in many different shapes and forms and not all are as desireble as the amp in questian

I got mine for 3700 usd, when i won the auction i got two offers for around 4 k, and the amp was not mint and the tubes needed replacment.

this is what I am thinking

cremona said:
Good luck

and this

SpongeRob said:
.... one thing is for sure. They won't get cheaper :wink:

Nah, I've seen them go for not a penny under $3k a couple years ago to under $2k all day long now and I've been watching pretty close. Claiming that the value or demand will increase above this is only what people tell you if they're trying to sell one. :wink: I don't know if it's the economy or the hype is fading. Don't get upset, I know a DRG IIC+ is the sh!t but you have guys out there thinking that they're made of gold and buying and selling them as investments instead of enjoying them as intended.

It also has to do with the people that own one of these amps are fighting to keep the value of their investment high. Hype hype hype.

Theres nothing wrong with that I suppose

gts said:
Looks like mesaismylife just sold his for $5000 to someone on the board.
Took all of about 36 hours to sell it!

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=50546

He will never get that much for this over hyped amp. Wait, nevermind. :lol:

Hmmmmm,

saying it's all hype doesn't solve the problem on getting one. "Mesaismylife" sold his one. Maybe not for $5k but something in this range. I do own several C+ Amps. But saying i would like to keep their value by hyping it, would mean i would like to sell them in the next time. But at them moment i don't feel to sell them and buying new stuff. I think it's all a matter of demand. They're all sold out and sell really quick. So some people have a chance selling them for maybe $4-$5k! This Amp has it's own story. And people pay for everything! If you own one, sure you would like to see as much $$$ as possible. There's nothing wrong with that. And the market won't sell one for $2k, because people are able to pay lot more! That's the magic.

It's not the hype on this Amp. People are just looking for a reason to jusify themself, spending so much money for an Amp. Other people call you stupid for paying so much money because they can't understand your feelings or do have another taste. Buy an old Porsche with 130hp and you will pay several times more for this, than for a new 911 Turbo. If it's rare, nice and someone's love the feel of driving it's okay! You won't get a Car with this feel today. And you won't find another Amp sounding the same! Doesn't matter if it's crap or not. If someone loves it and wants it, he will pay for it.

BTW. 5k is really crazy!!!! Nice to hear "MIML" got that money for it! Still a fun to see them going up in value. Who's gonna sell his gear next??? :lol:

once again, the hype rears its ugly head :lol: -its a rare amp, and its a killer amp, so the value will remain solid-go check out the Trainwrecks and Dumbles of the world....or the various vintage axes that fetch $$$-geez, even the knobs and pickgaurds!C+ for 5g not as shocking to me considering other tools of the trade
..don't we go down this street every few months or so?remember the Mk V hurting the value of the +? :lol:
...now, hows about 10 g's for my C+ Coli??

I think it all relative to what you feel is expensive. Look at guitars for instance. A PRS Private Stock sell from 5000-50,000. Diezel amps and Bogner 20th XTC upward of 4000+.
It all depends on what you want and what you are willing to pay. Supply and demand also weighs into the equation.

Latest posts

Back