Mark IIC+ for $5000?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just see too many on craigslist and fleabay for so much cheaper. If someone is willing to pay that much then I hope they get years of pleasure out of it. God knows I have some toys that I've overpaid for just because I had to have them.

all that really matters is what it's worth to any given individual...if one guy wants to shell 5K, then it makes that amp worth it IMO, cuz if you want it, and don't have the 5K, you're not gonna get it...buyers market!

fwiw, id never pay 5K for any single head. ever.

Fronzil said:
all that really matters is what it's worth to any given individual...if one guy wants to shell 5K, then it makes that amp worth it IMO, cuz if you want it, and don't have the 5K, you're not gonna get it...buyers market!

I would never pay 5000 for head either. :shock:

DaveP said:
Fronzil said:

..hell, I'm married, so paying for head is about my only choice

Back on topic. I didn't pay more than $2500 each for my original DRG short chassis amps. But, that was a few years ago. The options ARE the key to the price. The simulclass and GEQ seem to influence the price the most, as well as the original vs. upgrade status. I have seen a few go for 2K or less, but they seem to be missing a few options, or beat to hell. Don't get me started on the RARE Turbo Buick that I looked at today. Only 1500 or so ever made, too bad this one had the body rot. :evil: :evil: :evil:

My Mark III sounds almost just like a IIC+ with the right tubes in it.

I'm gonna sell it for $2500. Sound about right?

If not, I'm not buying into mojo, the amp -is- mojo.

I think you should pay for what the amp is; condition, options, hi-fi tubes, recent repairs, etc. Paying for "history, belated awesomeness, can't live without factor, etc" is chumpy.

Otherwise my Orange Tiny Terror would be worth about $1500 (in ebay money of course!) too. That sucker is pretty bad to the bone for a 15 watt. It actually holds its own against my Mesa, i'm not going to lie.

welcome to the vintage gear world...desirability and condition, and the fact that the + is more rare than a III=more $$$
rarity isn't always a factor, but in this case it is-these are the things "legends" are made of
-I play the hell out of mine, and the fact that I may get more $$ for it one day is reassuring..a wise investment in my book(I have lost some $$ with gear,too-I try to stay away from that now-Boogies really maintain a solid value,and we should all rejoice that 8) )

As some of you know, I have an '84 Mark IIC+ Coli. I was nineteen years old when I ordered it from Boogie, and it was an expensive purchase back then.
Just for a second, let's go back 27 years (almost to the day from when I ordered it) and forget what we know about the IIC+ mystique and all of its fanfare and look at what inflation alone would do to the price of the amp. If it was expensive in '84 would it not be expensive today? I understand that this conversation is not about buying an expensive new amp, but of what I would hope is a well cared for, expensive used amp.
I know I'm going to offend someone by making this comparison, but I mean no offense: If I had a '59 Les Paul that I bought in 1959, I sure could sell it for a bundle more money today that what I paid for it back then. To some that is the Holy Grail guitar. Likewise, my '84 IIC+ Coli is my Holy Grail amp. Its value to me is not measured with a dollar sign and numbers behind it.

Juan

DaveP said:

Anyone who's ever gotten married has paid that and more. Much, much more. :mrgreen:

As for the C+, it's worth whatever someone wants to pay. I for one, think the prices some have paid for those are just nuts. To each his own.

Latest posts

Back