Mark IIC+ and T1M content...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Fore

Reaction score
You know the volume imbalance between the clean and lead channels on a Mark IIC+ because of the shared controls? I didn't want to mod the amp and have an irreversible change made that I might regret someday. I used an Ernie Ball volume pedal with a little wood block lodged in to only allow the volume to go down enough to offset the volume imbalance when going to the clean channel. I was perusing Dan's site at this1smyne and noticed he sells a skinny volume pedal with a knob and a stomp button to engage. You can preset volume! Nice... I bought one and it did the trick AND gave me back a lot of space on my board. I emailed Dan B. half jokingly and said, "If you can make a pedal with two stomp buttons and house the Mesa channel change function into his mini-volume pedal... the stomp buttons would be that much closer together! Dan replied and said, "Wouldn't you rather change the amp channel AND engage the volume with one stomp? Now that would be interesting". It arrived yesterday and is exactly what I was hoping for... this changes the Mark IIC+ from lead to clean and engages a predetermined volume reduction to offset the volume jump. It also has a buffer and is powered by the channel jack on the Mesa so I don't have to burn an output on my ISO.5 that powers this entire board.

Thanks Dan!

dbe8da39.jpg

Interesting... on mine I've been running the lead master higher than I used to, up around 7 and that seems to do the trick for having cleans lower.

Latest posts

Back