Mark IIB

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MK IIB

Reaction score
Hi folks.Long time lurker first time poster!
I'm looking for a mark IIB(60 watt version)
Did some early mark IIb's have an effects loop under the amp in between the valves?I have never seen one like this but someone who has a markIIB said this was the case.There are no controls on the back pannel for an effects loop either?I thought it was probably a mark IIA?

There is a pre-amp out socket on the underside of the MK11B, and a slave(power amp in on the rear) it _could_ be used that way, so long as your effects will handle the level.

mkiib_manfull_Page_4.png

most have the loop on the rear again the level is quite high.

DSCF0125.jpg

Cheers cal

Thanks Cal.
I thought it might have been a IIA as all the IIB's I've seen have had the effects send and return jacks on the back?So there were some IIB's without the effects loop/send and return on the amp's back pannel?

MK IIB said:
Thanks Cal.
I thought it might have been a IIA as all the IIB's I've seen have had the effects send and return jacks on the back?So there were some IIB's without the effects loop/send and return on the amp's back pannel?
As far as I know, the effects loop was the hallmark "change" that the IIB had to offer. First of it's kind in any amp. There were problems with it, though, as it's placed after the reverb (I believe). MikeB at Mesa has a mod that fixes that.

Here's my IIB:

IMG_1617.jpg

IMG_1619.jpg

Latest posts

Back