Mark I - Reverb in the "Loop"

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdove

Reaction score
I have an original Mark I and would like to add reverb to it without rewiring the amp. I did not opt for reverb option back in '78 when I bought it.

I don't want to use a digital reverb on the front end ... I think they sound muddy when run through the Boogie's preamp.

Could I use one of these Alesis Picoverbs in the loop on the back of the amp?

you can do that. though the good folks (mike B) at mesa would probably be more than happy to retrofit it with reverb fo you

Schmoog said:
you can do that. though the good folks (mike B) at mesa would probably be more than happy to retrofit it with reverb fo you

Having them install the Lonestar reverb circuit (for about $200 ) would be far superior to using a unit like one of those low end alesis. There are usually issues with the send and return levels in the loop of the MkI especially with lesser quality digital stuff. AD converter distortion really blows chunks, if ya know what I mean.

Just call Mesa or write them an email? Contact numbers on their site? How long does it take door-to-door?

You can do either! Check the mesaboogie.com site for phone numbers and email info. They are some of the greatest folks you'll ever deal with and will happily answer all your questions and arrange for mods, repairs etc. and would most likely be done by the same guy who built and spec'd your amp.

Latest posts

Back