MARK I Mode - Let's Help us All - Post Your Best Settings

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metallicaseeker

Reaction score
I think that there is inside the Mark I mode a magic , but i can't find it hehhhehe, and i imagine that a lot of people do not find it too, so if you found some good santana, or metal, or rock etc tone on that channel mode post your settings or a pic of it ok!?

Thanks!

I think the magic in Mark 1 is in it's low gain settings. It's very thick sounding with lots of sustain.

Gain - Below 9:00
Treb - 3:00
Mids - somewhere between 9:00 and 12:00
Bass - Zero
Pres - 3:00

Control the amount of dirt with your guitar's volume knob.

I was playing in 10 watt mode with the Gain around 9:30 earlier. Bass at 8:00. MId at 10:30 and Treble at 2:00. Thick NOT activated. Variac. The sound was pure quality. I really enjoyed it.

Mark I is tricky because you have to throw what you know about dialing amps out the window.

I think the 4 most important things with Mark I are:

1. Bass almost off (or off completely).

2. Treble and Presence up (play with them back and forth till you find something that works).

3. Mark I has a TON of gain so use less than you think you need.

4. Most importantly, turn the channel master up.

Gain 10 to 3 (depending on the tune you are playing)
Master (your choice)
Pres 1
Treb 1
Mid 11
Bass 9

This channel is underrated and extremely versatile in my opinion. People have complimented me on the sound when I use this one, even on light gain settings.

fjk1138 said:
Master (your choice)
Pres 1
Treb 1
Mid 11
Bass 9

This channel is underrated and extremely versatile in my opinion. People have complimented me on the sound when I use this one, even on light gain settings.
Hendog said:
Mark I is tricky because you have to throw what you know about dialing amps out the window.

2. Treble and Presence up (play with them back and forth till you find something that works).

As i see here , most of you all do not use the GEQ on the Mark I mode...am i right ? Anyone has more good settings using or not the GEQ ?

Thank you all!

Nazgul666 said:
Can this channel do metal?

Yes. Do this, maybe with a boost:
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=37145&start=105

Scroll down to the pictures on the linked page.

Cut a little less bass than recommended.

Metallicaseeker said:
fjk1138 said:
Master (your choice)
Pres 1
Treb 1
Mid 11
Bass 9

Hendog said:

As i see here , most of you all do not use the GEQ on the Mark I mode...am i right ? Anyone has more good settings using or not the GEQ ?

Thank you all!

I dont, but you certainly can.

Sorry - failed to mention this originally -- no, I am using the preset EQ, at about 1-2 o'clock. I have not been able to get a sound that I am happy with on the GEQ. But if you can make it work, by all means go for it and let us know your setting please.

Has any one been able to get Santanas old sound, Abraxas or Festival in Mk 1 mode?
Cheers. :D

Thanks Adam,
I have just become a new owner of a Boogie MK V Custom flame maple, my first Boogie, always had Fenders and Cornell amps, the price was reduced because the wood was scratched, you can just see the marks. The volume knobs don't have any markings so if your trying to dial in settings, say Santana from his MK1 I guess its all down to your ears? Do you have any advice. I am putting in an Altec 417-8C I bought of eBay as well. :D
Boogie MkV, TC Nova System, 57 Tweed Twin, Clapton Custom Strat (left Handed), Gibson 335 (Lefty), Guild X 150 D original (lefty),

image00.jpg

Les Paul/booteeky PAFs, preset EQ at noon, diode, EL34s, V30.

Mark I mode sounds great at any gain level. Just tried rolling the gain back to 9'oclock and it sounded stellar! I think it is my favorite mode on the amp right now.

advice on the altec, or any speaker installation for that matter:

dont use an electric screwdriver or drill...mainly for over tightening reasons, you can warp the frame. scumback speaker wizard advice is to just use a screwdriver and go hand tight.

i've seen a lot of guys do this, and ruin a brand new good speaker frame. i was lucky however, and didn't ruin mine. but, now, i do them all by hand.

just a heads up.

Back