Mark AND Recto at the same time????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lookslikemeband

Reaction score
Hey -

Currently using two rectos, one for clean, one for dirty - mounted in a custom built rack with 6 spaces of rack usage.

What I'm thinking:

Has anyone blended the Mark (III or IV) with a Recto to get "the best of both worlds"???

I don't mind running 3 heads at once. I used to run 4. :shock:

Yup. I'm too lazy to use 4 amps on a gig, but I split out to a 92 Dual Rectifier and a MK III Greenstripe. It's killa !!!! The dual cabinet feature on the RK has been fun as well. You can get a ton of great tones in one amp, but no true stereo operation, unless, you use two Road Kings. I think I'll run upstairs and try the two RK II's in stereo !!! :D

Cool. I like the sound of that.

I'm leaning towards a MarkIII - since I don't really need all of the features of the MarkIV.

It's going to be on the dirty channel the whole time.

Any particular stripe that would be the "best"?

My band mate runs a recto
and I have a mark III,
and I really like how they sound together. They really work well together.

Stripes: I love my Red, you'll hear a lot of rave about the Greens (though they seem to be harder to find). I believe if you read some descriptions, you'll read that the Blue has more "gain". But IMO my Red has plenty of gain.

Didn't you just have a Mark IV not too long ago?

Yep. Just never fell in love with. Was so stuck on the Recto sound.

Looking to diversify myself a bit.

I only have ... um... about 6 Mesas... can't have too many, right? :oops:

I've been using a mark IIB and a 65 Bassman for years. I'm really pumped about the Stiletto Ace or the new Express to retire the Bassman. I gotta agree with the other guys on using more than one amp, the textures you can achieve are amazing.

6, that's all ?

Yep! :lol:

I've got 2 TOV combos, a TOV Half Stack, 2 Dual Heads (2 channel), 1 Single Recto Head.

I've got the Mesa bug.

rabies said:
It's sick badass dude. Very tight for speed/thrash drop D elimination riffs.

Cool. I mostly play in "Dropped C" , "Dropped B" and Baritone

rabies said:
Cool vibe on that song on your homepage.

Thanks!! :D

I'd probably run the Mark into one half of a 4X12, and my Recto into the other half.

I used the to do the same with a M@rshall and an Orange.

I always run two 4X12's anyway, so it's no big deal.

sick idea! i just bought a used mark iv head. it's in mesa @ cali for some maintenance i'm getting it next week. i will run it with my road king head into my road king cab.

it's like 2 cabs in one. i'll try running like the mark iv into the C90 side and the RK into the v30 side, should sound awesome. i will record with a sennheiser e609/sm57 both on cab on diff sides and a get a cool stereo image. maybe even double track to get a real creamy distortion tone on record. i will have 2 tracks of recto and 2 tracks of mark iv. i think john petrucci did something like that with a iic+ and a 2ch DR on "awale" selected songs

Hey there is a greenstripe Mark III on ebay right now in NY. I forgot to get the info for the link. Just search it. I think this might help you in your search lookslikemeband.

Not quite the same but I get some pretty sweet tones from the racktifier and studio/quad running at the same time :)
3.jpg

If I'm running only the preamps, I will go into the recto fx return but if I'm gonna run the preamps and recto together, I will put the preamps through the front end of a jc120 head. It actually sounds pretty decent and I can only imagine what it would be like through a sweet tube poweramp :D

Antoine said:
I really like your EVH kind of Light switch :D :D :D

Hello Antoine,

you had me looking all over the gear for this EVH light switch wondering what you were talking about :?: :?: On the wall, you mean. Ok, I got it. Yup pretty neat looking! :lol: :lol:

Michel

Latest posts

Back