Mark 5 3 Channel mod foot switchable.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robvoyles

Reaction score
Hey just wanted to throw this out there. I have a mark 5 35 watt head i modded to be a 3 channel foot switchable amp vs 2 channels with 3 modes only. Really nice to not have to reach for a toggle switch. Dead quiet and works beautifully and looks factory. I only did it For live playing. Makes it way more usable live. posted a few pics, the input jack and the foot switch marked clean is a typical latching switch Shown in the pics. Thought i would just share this if anyone ever thought about doing it on a mark 5. I can toggle the foot switch between clean or fat which ever you want. you can do the same between the IIC+ mode or Mark iv or Extreme mode as well if you like. I just wanted to be able to foot switch between clean and crunch and high gain mode. Works wonderfully. just thought i would share. Thanks, Rob

Attachments

• DSC07841.JPG
    DSC07841.JPG
    213 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC07843.JPG
    DSC07843.JPG
    247 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hi i have this ‘mod’ too. Not done by the same way but same function. I have this on clean crunch mode. On crunch mode i have on solo 1. That balanced different volumes of these modes.

Hey just wanted to throw this out there. I have a mark 5 35 watt head i modded to be a 3 channel foot switchable amp vs 2 channels with 3 modes only. Really nice to not have to reach for a toggle switch. Dead quiet and works beautifully and looks factory. I only did it For live playing. Makes it way more usable live. posted a few pics, the input jack and the foot switch marked clean is a typical latching switch Shown in the pics. Thought i would just share this if anyone ever thought about doing it on a mark 5. I can toggle the foot switch between clean or fat which ever you want. you can do the same between the IIC+ mode or Mark iv or Extreme mode as well if you like. I just wanted to be able to foot switch between clean and crunch and high gain mode. Works wonderfully. just thought i would share. Thanks, Rob
Hi, I am curious, do you have a schematic? I just bought a 5:35 and love it, I would love to know more☺️

Hi, I am curious, do you have a schematic? I just bought a 5:35 and love it, I would love to know more☺️
I will send some pictures. I have actually fat/crunch mode. Original switch works clean/zero flat/ crunch. Because switch dont work with grouded contact I planned install 12v or 5v relay pointed to solo1 contact. 12v on footswitch power is enough for 100mA relay. So extern midi relay switch do the job. Same for iic/zero mark4/ shred? Im in pub. :) but i use only mark 4. Iic is too weak for me in this amp. Sorry for my english and %alc :D

I will send some pictures. I have actually fat/crunch mode. Original switch works clean/zero flat/ crunch. Because switch dont work with grouded contact I planned install 12v or 5v relay pointed to solo1 contact. 12v on footswitch power is enough for 100mA relay. So extern midi relay switch do the job. Same for iic/zero mark4/ shred? Im in pub. :) but i use only mark 4. Iic is too weak for me in this amp. Sorry for my english and %alc :D
I actually own this thing
https://emcustom.eu/amp-midi-switcher-interface.html
Its works very well. Amaizing thing. but im not sure that power of footswitch can take power of both. Im from europe.

Back