Mark 4 and fuzz?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyg121

Reaction score
could someone reccomend me a good fuzz pedal that sounds good with the mark 4?

CH1 of the Mark IV is the ideal platform for just about any fuzz out there. I'm a huge fuzz fan (over 7 now :oops: ) and they all sound good on CH1. Keep your mids a bit higher because you'll lose a lot of them with your typical fuzz.

I've used a TS-9 into ch1 and 2 of my Mark IV and it sounded really good. If you're on a budget the Boss SD-1 is an awsome pedal for the money. Plus, you can mod it to make it sound like a $200 pedal.

ryjan said:
I've used a TS-9 into ch1 and 2 of my Mark IV and it sounded really good. If you're on a budget the Boss SD-1 is an awsome pedal for the money. Plus, you can mod it to make it sound like a $200 pedal.

Neither of those are fuzz boxes.

Platypus said:
ryjan said:

Thank you for your very usefull post. :roll:

ryjan said:
Platypus said:
ryjan said:

Thank you for your very usefull post. :roll:

He asked for fuzz boxes, you supplied two overdrives.

They do very different things, I'm not trying to be obtuse.

thanks for the replys..i went ahead and got a fulltone 70s pedal that im going to try out.do some people run ods into their fuzzes to smooth them out.

billyg121 said:
thanks for the replys..i went ahead and got a fulltone 70s pedal that im going to try out.do some people run ods into their fuzzes to smooth them out.

You can achieve a similar effect without the added noise of another source of distortion by rolling your guitar's tone controls back a bit.

I have a Fulltone '70 fuzz--It's a great pedal with state-of-the-art psrts and workmanship (that does not, in this case, go against what fuzz is about). You will have to play with it to get it right--Do NOT reset the control inside the box, though some will say it makes it sound better. The mid control really helps with smoothing it out, and the fuzz control really opens it up. It may not sound great at low volume, and you should put it first in your chain. The Voodoo Labs Super Fuzz is also a very good pedal, but you done good. Enjoy.

Latest posts

Back