Mark 4 2x12 cab recommendations

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Great Ant

Reaction score
I'm looking for something that compliments the head that isn't a mesa cab. I play mainly ambient/electronic/hard rock/metal and am probably going to go an open back. I currently own a mesa 4x12 but I'm finding that it's a bit too much lugging around to gigs, so I'm looking for a more practical option.
I heard that THD is a good option, there are a few guys who do customs here so any speaker recommendations would be welcomed.
CHeers

Curious why you're excluding Mesa cabs from consideration. My Recto vertical 2x12 is the best cab I've ever owned by a mile.

The Mesa Compact 1x12 (openback) and a Mesa 1x12 Thiele are a great combo with the Mark IV. Sounds great and very portable. Search the forum there are a ton of threads on this topic.

Because there aren't many second hand mesa cabs in my area, so i'm looking at alternatives.

- They get a bit of a bad rap, but the Marshall 2x12s (the 1936 model, not the 1922 model) are sturdy, cheap, and good-sounding.
- Genz-Benz G-Flex 2x12s are great for metal and I can personally attest that they work great with a Mark IV.
- You could get a new cab from Avatar or Whitebox pretty reasonably...

I will second the Gflex

replace the speakers and it will blow you away.

Honestly for the used market price, a guy would be hard pressed to find something better.

Latest posts

Back