Mark 3

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys, im new to the forum. I would like to take the time to say its amazing. i have a mesa mark 3 sim class combo with eq, reverband an ev12l and im not sure what stripe it is? I have had it for a while and i have just stumbled upon the whole stripe thing. I checked the back of the amp and it has a blue X or + maybe above the power cord, not a stripe, also the ev has no black shadow markings on it it just says ev12l stamped on the silver magnet, what version would i have? Also i have modded it to take 6650's to get even more head room and warmth. It sounds pretty insane.

Welcome brother!

Try the C+ Loop Test:

1) Plug your guitar into the Effects Return jack
2) Switch to lead mode
3) Turn the Lead Drive and Gain controls with a note ringing
4) If they have NO effect on the volume and sound you have a "+"

Maybe your Mark III was modded to a C+, hence the "+/X" you see, you never know, it could have been an early model which didn't have a stripe at all and that was modded to a C+...Let us know!

#2121313 said:
Welcome brother!

Try the C+ Loop Test:

1) Plug your guitar into the Effects Return jack
2) Switch to lead mode
3) Turn the Lead Drive and Gain controls with a note ringing
4) If they have NO effect on the volume and sound you have a "+"

Maybe your Mark III was modded to a C+, hence the "+/X" you see, you never know, it could have been an early model which didn't have a stripe at all and that was modded to a C+...Let us know!

Unless I have lost my mind, ANY Mark III will pass the "effects loop test". Read my lips- "You cannot modify a Mark III into a Mark IIC+". :evil: There is a III+ mod that can be done to make the MkIII sound more like a C+, but they are still totally different in design. I suspect that the amp in question is an early MkIII which might have a dot or "X" above the power cord. If the amp sounds good, just go with what you know. :D

Well yeah, I meant by it being modded to a C+, it would end up to be a III+.

But is the that really the case, the loop test is only disguish between a C and a C+? So does that means that the Mark III's also have their lead voice placed entirely in the pre amp section just like the C+? That would have to be the case for the it to pass the loop test right? Just curious here.

But yeah as per http://forum.grailtone.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=3&t=33582

#1 - No mark or a little dot. Only a few hundred then some black marks or "+"'s .

- Lean and powerful amp with more output power than a IIC+

Looks like you may have an early Mark III, may have a 105 power transformer in it if it's an early model.

Here are the schematics to both the IIC+ and the MkIII. Compare them closely and you may be enlightened.

http://www.schematicheaven.com/boogieamps/boogie_mkiic_plus.pdf
http://www.schematicheaven.com/boogieamps/boogie_mkiii.pdf

boogiemanmark3 said:
Ok so i checked the back and my serial number is 186xx. So what version do i have?
A picture can say more than thousand words, Especially the mark above the power cord, in colour.

Latest posts

Back