Mark 1

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom K said:
How come is so little written about the mark 1 on this site?

It might have something to do with the simplicity of these great old Boogies. Either plug your guitar into input 2 for the Fender sound, or input 1 for the "Santana" sound. At least that seems to be the general idea. The truth is that with a mild OD pedal, these amps can acheive tones that are in between or above and beyond these classic sounds :D .

All i know is this is the most impressive amp i ever tried! I'm planning to buy a mark I after i paid my debts...

Johnson said:
How would you guys compare the Mark I to the C+?

it's not a two channels and just do overdrive (not distortion) and it's the kind of (very) powerful clean that stay beautiful even if the volume is at 10!!!

http://visi.com/~sstolle/CitizenCain-Boogie%20'n%20Onions.mp3

Johnson said:
Would you say the clean tones on the MKI are comparable to those on the MKC+?

Sorry i can't compare cause i don't know about the clean on the IIC+ but from what i know about this amp you shouldn't look further...maybe you should find a mark I and try it...

I'm just curious. I have found incredible clean rhythm and lead tones on the C+, but I can see why a lot of people own more than one of these. It has been difficult for me to get more than one of these tones with the same eq settings. So far, if I need to play clean but want to switch to a great distortion sound, I have to dramatically alter the eq. The distortion tone sounds great, but dear God it's lound! I've been thinking about getting a Dr. Z airbrake to see if I can get those tones at lower volumes.

i would say IIC+ sounds more bright, more articulated to my ears - both clean and lead, but i think it can't do such a great crunch as mk I. I was very suprised that 60w non-simul non-eq C+ had much more treble in tone than my mk I RI. It also had much more gain.

Back