LSS + Sequis Motherload

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmerel

Reaction score
Wow! Had LSS for 3 weeks and very happy, just got hold of Sequis Motherload speaker emulator for recording and even happier - one of main uses for me is recording, and now can not only sound exactly like the LSS without miking the amp, but can sound like all sorts of other amps because of the different filters and resonance controls - up to what (to my ears) sounds like an overdriven recto. All analogue, so no digital sterility to any of the sounds.

It also works as a dummy speaker load, so can get any level of cranked overdriven sounds without frying the cat. I will also use it as a line out for live gigs - again can avoid miking the amp. Link to UK maker - Rick Cawley of Sequis in the UK - below. A very nice bloke too.

http://www.motherload.co.uk/

And no, I'm not on commission from them!

Great pointer. I am not very experienced in recording and have been hesitant to just start buying microphones. My real problem is that my parctice/music area is not a sound stage, just a part of my finished basement, so any recording is going to pick up background noise.

So, this will take the place of a mic - seems much better, actually - and can feed a speaker cab or PC board interface or PA system? I kind of go that from the link, but I have no experience in this and want to make sure I understand it.

How is it different than the THD Hotplate with a DI connector?

This might be the wrong place in the forum to answer these questions, sorry if I am out of bounds here.

Basically replaces a well placed mic and cab in a soundproofed room. Also allows you to change resonance to emulate small transparent clean cab through creamy overdriven medium cab up to big cab with a very scooped metal sound. Recorded with it more today and the cleans are stunning.

Does the dummy load thing which a hotplate does as well and therefore allows silent (or just plain quiet) recording.

Has a variable line out on either xlr or standard guitar type cable.

Hope that helps :D

Latest posts

Back