LSS or the Classic

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'd be happy to share my (limited) experience with both of them

i played an LSC with R8 LP and it was fine, but not especially happenin ... nice cleans and reasonable crunch rhythm, but didnt really get it done for me in the smooth singing sustain department

i played a prs sc 245 thru a LSS and fell in instant gear lust ... everything about it was glorious ... the touch sensitivity was remarkable ... the responsiveness to the volume knobs was spot on ... and it just sang and sang

i bought an SC 245 and if my bonus at work in the next few weeks is substantial, i am goin back for the LSS

good luck
t4d

SabuJSE said:
The amps are not high-gain monsters. They both shine - with humbuckers or single coils - for blues, crunch, clean, jazz, and classic rock. Pedals will take you anywhere else you want to go.

Can you please explain high-gain amps? What sound will you get with high-gain? Benefits? Song examples?

I actually have a 2007 LSC 2x12 custom! I am looking to get the most distortion out of this at times. How can I achieve this the best?

rickcard71 said:
SabuJSE said:
The amps are not high-gain monsters. They both shine - with humbuckers or single coils - for blues, crunch, clean, jazz, and classic rock. Pedals will take you anywhere else you want to go.

Can you please explain high-gain amps? What sound will you get with high-gain? Benefits? Song examples?

I actually have a 2007 LSC 2x12 custom! I am looking to get the most distortion out of this at times. How can I achieve this the best?

Drop your bass in channel 2 all the way out. Set your mids about 9:00 and your treble about 3:00 and run your presence wherever you want it once the amp is at the volume you want to play/gig at. I run the voicing switch on either "thick" or "thicker" depending on the position of the moon in relation to the planet mercury, and I run the gain at about 2:00 - 3:00 on both knobs. Turn the amp up and run channel 2 on 50w mode and you're set.

In addition to all that I run a G-Major in the loop for delay and whatnot and also to utilize the programmable EQ in the G-Major so I can have variations in my presets. I switch it all via a Midi controller and let the G-Major switch the amp channels for me.

This is strictly a gigging amp for me. I never just plug in and play it in my livingroom. It's typically packed up between practice/gigs and only played loud.

madryan said:
I run the voicing switch on either "thick" or "thicker" depending on the position of the moon in relation to the planet mercury

Hilarious and true. Sometimes I think Thicker adds too much bottom end and other times it's perfect. It depends on where I'm at.

Latest posts

Back