LSS/LSC speaker question???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are 3 things to consider if you plan to make a change like this.

1) The LSS and LSC are looking for either 4 or 8 ohm loads. Whatever you put in has to be matched to one of those loads. I don't know much about 10" speakers, so you'd need 2x8 ohm wired in parallel to get a 4 ohm load. I haven't seen a 10" with 16 ohm load, but I could be wrong.

2) The power rating of the speakers will need to handle half of the maximum power output of the amp. So, if it is the LSC, you'll need 10" speakers that can handle 50W each. The LSS would be 15W each, and that seems more reasonable.

3) You'll have to make or find a mounting adapter to convert the 12" diameter holes in the cabinet box to 10" holes.

The first 2 points might be why they do a 4x10 cabinet - that'd be easier to get the right load and power handling.

All said, it does sound like it can be done if you take the care to make sure you match things correctly. Probably tighten up the low end nicely.

Hope this helps. Please, correct me, anyone, if I am wrong or if there are things I am missing.

Yes, there is 16 ohms 10" speakers by Weber (many) and Eminence (Legend Series) but the Eminence are fairly low power handling, 20 watts, 35 watts and are usually used by Bassman type guitar amps.

Other than that, I agree with cnumb44. It could be done.

I'm planning to get a LoneStar (leaning toward the Special since I don't have an quartet of EL84s Class A amp among my amps). And likely a 1-12" combo or head but I'm building my own 2x12" self contain combo.

Thanks for the replies - I have an 1 x 12" LSS that I will sell you for 1200. It is virtually new. 8)

marlon said:
Thanks for the replies - I have an 1 x 12" LSS that I will sell you for 1200. It is virtually new. 8)
Tempting :p

With Christmas around the corner, office shut down two weeks of December, only working 3 weeks in November, student loan payment (not to mention credit cards) ... :cry:
Cannot do :x But thanks for the offer :wink:

Latest posts

Back